Right Vertical Scroll Bars Too Diminutive

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 65
seaview | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Jan 2 2010 8:43 AM

In the latest Firefox browser, I find the right hand, vertical scroll bars so subtle, that it takes focused looking to find it and the images to click on to move the page vertically. I suspect that the programmers wanted it to be in the background, but it is too much blended into the white page with it's faint light gray. That should be changed to make it easier to use like the clear blue bar and up and down black arrows present in this Blog on my Firefox browser.

Or, is their a setting I have not found yet which can change it to a more contrasting hue?

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 2 2010 8:48 AM

billfrederick:

In the latest Firefox browser, I find the right hand, vertical scroll bars so subtle, that it takes focused looking to find it and the images to click on to move the page vertically. I suspect that the programmers wanted it to be in the background, but it is too much blended into the white page with it's faint light gray. That should be changed to make it easier to use like the clear blue bar and up and down black arrows present in this Blog on my Firefox browser.

Or, is their a setting I have not found yet which can change it to a more contrasting hue?

I assume you're talking about the scroll bars in L4 (not FF). Do you notice that when you mouse-hover over the right side of the pane, that the scroll bar becomes more visible?

For some users this is still quite subtle. You can try increasing the contrast on your screen display to see if that helps. I'm not aware of any setting in Logos to increase the contrast on the scroll bar.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 65
seaview | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 2 2010 4:02 PM

Thanks, Richard. Yes, a little change is made when doing the mouse-over. But, in my opinion it is still a little too subtle. My FF contrast works fine on all other web browsing sites. I increased the screen resolution a little bit, but see no contrast settings under Control Panel/Display.

Perhaps the program management will decide to increase the contrast either with a darker gray or another color like the light blue I enjoy with the FF scroll bar.

Bill

Posts 3727
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 2 2010 4:14 PM

billfrederick:
increase the contrast either with a darker gray or another color like the light blue

Many posters feel the same way you do. (I think one or two preferred subtle, but I'm betting their eyes were younger than mine. Wink .)

Yes +1

Grace & Peace,
Bill

MSI GF63 8RD, I-7 8850H, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GTX 1050Max
iPhone 12 Pro Max 512Gb
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 2 2010 4:38 PM

billfrederick:
Thanks, Richard. Yes, a little change is made when doing the mouse-over. But, in my opinion it is still a little too subtle. My FF contrast works fine on all other web browsing sites. I increased the screen resolution a little bit, but see no contrast settings under Control Panel/Display.

First, Logos4 isn't a browser, so I'm not sure why you mention the FF browser working on other web sites. ?

The contrast adjustments are either on the monitor itself, or in the video card manufacturer's control panel.

The monitor may have a menu to set things like contrast, if you have a desktop computer, of course. Usually through buttons or dials on the side or bottom of the monitor itself.

For your video driver settings, there is usually access to a NVidia or ATI settings via Control Panel, and you may find a contrast setting there. For some operating systems this can also be accessed through the right-click menu on the desktop. But there's a lot of variety in how video card manufacturers, and computer makers do this.

For most people, you probably want to have the contrast turned all the way up. But on some monitors text looks bad that way. So adjust the contrast to what looks best to you.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 65
seaview | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 2 2010 9:10 PM

Hi Richard. Contrast is found only on my Acer monitor front buttons. It is set at 50%. Nothing I have done yet has moved it. So, further research is needed to follow your suggestion. The only reason for the mention of the FF browser was that you mentioned it in your first response.

Onward...Bill

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS