Logos Library Reporter

Page 5 of 7 (138 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next >
This post has 137 Replies | 7 Followers

Posts 22428
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 12 2014 1:40 AM

Martin Folley:
I have not tried it yet but this should work for copying a Mac db into a windows VM ? ... and not having to download all my resources into the VM?

Not recommended. Just use Method 3 to install Logos into the Windows VM and ensure that the Mac Resource folder can be read from the VM or copy the Resource folder to an area where it can be shared with the VM.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 434
Glenn Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 13 2014 6:25 PM

Yes

Pastor Glenn Crouch
St Paul's Lutheran Church
Kalgoorlie-Boulder, Western Australia

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 14 2014 7:26 AM

Hint: when posting Reports in a forum post  

If you want Catalog-B to align in your post on a new line:

1. in the forum editor after pasting your LLR report into it, move your cursor just to the left of Catalog-B and press Shift-Enter

2. Then when you Preview or Post it, it will showup on the next line.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Below is a post from one of my reports per the above steps:
[Notice Catalog-B, i highlighted it to draw your attention to it being on a new line]

Your Logos Library Report

Report on books in which Titles have changed
Report generated: Jul 14, 2014 08:56 AM

Catalog-A
AKA:  sc 8/2/2012
db entry:  [Catalog] Aug 2, 2012 4:23:20 PM
Book count:  747
Owner:  Steve
Note:  from backup (has ResMan)
Catalog-B
AKA:  
db entry:  [Catalog] Jul 4, 2014 10:26:28 AM
Book count:  894
Owner:  Steve
Note:  

Books in which Titles are different from Catalog-A (sc 8/2/2012)
(found 32 books with different titles and the same Logos ResIDs)

1. Seven Myths About Small Groups: How to Keep from Falling into Common Traps
    Cat-B Title: Seven Myths about Small Groups: How to Keep from Falling into Common Traps
  2. The Gospel According to Peter: Mark and I & II Peter
    Cat-B Title: The Gospel according to Peter: Mark and I & II Peter

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another option

if you just want to share a report, then you could just add it as an attachment using the paperclip icon in the forum editor toolbar. Some reports can be quiet lengthy and would be distracting to users as they view your post. (i.e. see the link below in which i have used the paperclip icon to attach it to this post). This way you can place text above the report link telling the forum viewers what you wanted them to know about your report. But for those using report(s) to explain problems, then you probably want to embed part of the report in your post (per above First option).

5852.Report.htm
Warning: when attaching reports and you are attaching more than 1 report, you may want to use the Filename option in LLR to name those reports. Because when you generate a report without a filename LLR uses the same generic filename. The outcome of multiple reports without filename being used is that each report will be the last one you generated!

This is not a problem when running LLR on your computer as your Browser has cached the previous reports. But this can be a problem when attaching them to a Forum post. You can find your named reports in Documents\Logos Lib Webpage\MyReports folder. The generic filename is Report.htm.

(this post added to LLR's Special Instructions page)

QLinks, Bibl2, LLR, Macros
Dell Insp 17-5748, i5, 1.7 GHz, 8G RAM, win 8.1

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 14 2014 8:52 AM

New Update to LLR is available    (ver 1.0.3.9) 

This update has 2 Fixes . See the release notes to view these changes.

For those who want to install this new Update, please go to the Download page on the website and follow the instructions.
[users who already have LLR installed, please follow Step 1 carefully]

Edit: if you find a problem with LLR, please email me: admin [AT] clark-tx [DOT] net    
  Also please attach the LogFile (Documents\Logos Lib Webpage\LogosLibReporter_Logfile.txt) to your email.

[added links to some Hints/Tips in this thread to LLR's Special Instructions page. This might be useful so that you don't have to navigate thru all these different pages of this Post to find these Hints/Tips.]

Posts 22428
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 14 2014 4:40 PM

Dave Hooton:

I can now report that this Heading has been fixed in Windows 8 as well as W7.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 22428
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 14 2014 4:56 PM

steve clark:
   New Update to LLR is available    (ver 1.0.3.9) 

Can I suggest for the next update that Resource Type be displayed consistent with Logos 4/5 e.g.

encyclopedia instead of text.monograph.encyclopedia

dictionary instead of text.monograph.dictionary

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 14 2014 5:00 PM

Dave Hooton:

Can I suggest for the next update that Resource Type be displayed consistent with Logos 4/5 e.g.

encyclopedia instead of text.monograph.encyclopedia

dictionary instead of text.monograph.dictionary

Ahhh....missed that one. It shows up correct in other reports. Will fix it now while i am thinking about it.

Thanks Dave !!!

P.S. Thanks Dave to letting us know the heading works in Win8!

EDIT: upcoming in the next version, i have changed the sort order for catalogs in the listboxes; it will show them Newest to Oldest (opposite from what you currently see). Often when generating a report you will want to use the current catalogs, so this should make it faster to locate your catalog's when the version comes out. Also in the next version, it will block users from using the same catalog in both Cat-A & Cat-B, with a warning msg. As Randy pointed out this is non-productive.

Posts 22428
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 14 2014 5:41 PM

steve clark:
EDIT: upcoming in the next version, i have changed the sort order for catalogs in the listboxes;

Can you correct the following Backup details e.g.

Your Backup foldersize = 112 MB with 14 entries

==>

Your Backup foldersize = 112 MB with 7 entries and 14 files

Because I like to know how many folders are listed to correlate with the "entries" shown in the Saved Catalog list, and it will show 13 files if one was not included!

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 14 2014 6:03 PM

Dave Hooton:

Your Backup foldersize = 112 MB with 7 entries and 14 files

Because I like to know how many folders are listed to correlate with the "entries" shown in the Saved Catalog list, and it will show 13 files if one was not included!

Done!

Good idea Dave!

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 17 2014 1:20 PM

New Update to LLR is available    (ver 1.0.3.10) 

This update has 2 Fixes and 2 Updates . See the release notes to view these changes.

For those who want to install this new Update, please go to the Download page on the website and follow the instructions.

Edit: if you find a problem with LLR, please email me: admin [AT] clark-tx [DOT] net    
  Also please attach the LogFile (Documents\Logos Lib Webpage\LogosLibReporter_Logfile.txt) to your email.

Edit: For those who upload their BookCover report to their host server, this version has fixed problems with the HTML so that it should work properly from your host server (i.e. Now you should see your BookCover report when you Browse your website for the URL where you placed it.)

This requires:

1. uploading the file Documents\Logos Lib Webpage\MyBiblography.htm to your website. (You might want to rename this on your server to index.htm depending on if it is the only .htm in your folder. This makes it the default HTM to be opened)

2. In the same directory as MyBiblography.htm on your server, you need to create the folder (directory) Data. It must be exactly this case.

3. Then copy all files from Documents\Logos Lib Webpage\Data to your server directory Data.

Posts 368
Bill Cook | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 17 2014 2:31 PM

Always get an error message. Just can't get it to work.

What Does God Say and How Does He Say It? | Learn to Study the Bible Using the Inductive Method

Posts 1620
Randy W. Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 17 2014 2:46 PM

What's the error message? It works wonderfully here (though I haven't had much chance to say so lately). What OS version and Logos/Verbum version?

My Base Packages

Custom PC: Core i7; 32GB RAM; GeForce GTX 970; Win 10 Pro
Samsung ATIV Smart PC Pro 700T: Core i5; 4GB RAM; Win 10 Pro
ASUS Nexus 7 | Google Pixel XL | Apple iPad Pro 9.7

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 17 2014 3:13 PM

Hi Bill,

Bill Cook:
Always get an error message. Just can't get it to work.

Sorry to hear that you are having problems running the program.Sad

If you would email me:  admin [AT] clark-tx [DOT] net 

Then perhaps i can help you with your problem. If you are willing i can even connect to your computer and try to fix the problem.

Posts 22428
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 17 2014 4:03 PM

steve clark:
New Update to LLR is available    (ver 1.0.3.10) 

Installed on Windows 7 OK (assume Win 8 is OK unless I report differently!). Thanks for the changes.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 28 2014 10:00 AM

New Update to LLR is available    (ver 1.0.3.12) 

This update has 1 Fix. See the release notes to view these changes.

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 4 2014 9:41 AM

New Update to LLR is available    (ver 1.0.3.14) 

This update has 2 improvements. See the release notes to view these changes.
Added more Spreadsheet support for Library data.
Updated website for CSV for Spreadsheet.

Posts 22428
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 5 2014 12:37 PM

Thanks, Steve

Installation went OK

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 6 2014 7:18 AM

Hi Dave,

Dave Hooton:
Installation went OK

Thank you Dave for letting us know the installation went well.

Thank you for all your help and time checking the program!

EDIT: you are welcome brother. Hope you find it useful.

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 6 2014 4:25 PM

New Update to LLR is available    (ver 1.0.4.0) 

This update has1 new Report and 2 improvements and 1 fix. See the release notes to view these changes.
Added a new Report: All books by Tag. This will report on all your books that you tagged.

P.S.  i will probably be taking a rest from changing LLR for a while...

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 9 2014 7:33 AM

Noticed a problem with LLR's website when viewing with IE9 (Internet Explorer ver 9) yesterday. As you scrolled red horizontal lines appeared in the upper section of the webpage. The more you scrolled the denser the lines got. i tracked this down and fixed it. It appears IE9 didn't handle a CSS statement properly, but FireFox, Chrome, & Opera did. So this should be fixed in IE9 and also works in the other 3 browsers (don't have Safari, it will not load on my PC).

Edit:  added a popup on hover over a couple of words on the Home page, that is how i discovered the problem when checking if the popup worked on IE9.

Page 5 of 7 (138 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > | RSS
Copyright 1992-2015 Faithlife / Logos Bible Software.