Logos Library Reporter

Page 8 of 8 (147 items) « First ... < Previous 4 5 6 7 8
This post has 146 Replies | 8 Followers

Posts 11
Franck | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 4 2018 10:09 AM

Hi Graham,

I am so sorry. Thank you for letting me know.

I am one of the lucky beneficiaries of Steve Clark's work.

Thank you Graham.

Posts 24145
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 6 2018 6:49 PM

It is inevitable that Faithlife will change database schema, and LLR will be incompatible. The current version is 2.5 years old and I doubt that it can be fixed, even though the web site is still running. However, I sent an email to its Admin address, so I'll see what eventuates.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 11
Franck | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 7 2018 12:51 AM

Hello Dave,

I already sent two emails to the Admin address but I did not get an answer. That's why I posted my question here.

But, given Steve's departure, I prefer not to go further and not insist, by delicacy towards his family.

I thank you Dave for your understanding and for your answer.

Regards,

Posts 24145
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 7 2018 6:11 AM

Dave Hooton:
I sent an email to its Admin address, so I'll see what eventuates.

The reply from Josh Clark stated "...After my Dad’s passing in 2016, the code was frozen. I am saddened to hear that it no longer works."

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 9626
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 7 2018 8:25 AM

Dave Hooton:

Dave Hooton:
I sent an email to its Admin address, so I'll see what eventuates.

The reply from Josh Clark stated "...After my Dad’s passing in 2016, the code was frozen. I am saddened to hear that it no longer works."

Dave & all,

just to verify (I think I used LLR a looooong time ago, and I think on another machine), I installed the exact C++ runtime version needed for Win10 you linked to in your post on the other thread  and installed LLR from the website. Installation went fine.

Trying to read the Logos library directly from the DB did not work (Logos 7.17 Beta 3) and gave an error message much like Franck's above. However, using the second option Steve built into LLR, namely exporting the library as an XML and reading that file worked without a problem. I had it produce some reports, no issue (except that it will find zero hidden books using this method, since they are not shown in the library and thus are not part of the XML export)

So it seems, the tool still works for the time being:

The XML file needed for this can be easily build - it is called library.XML and LLR will import it and work - at least on my machine.

Running Verbum 7 and Logos 8 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 11
Franck | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 7 2018 12:40 PM

Hi NB Mick,

I thank you for taking part in the conversation. Your solution works well but I do not have access to book covers and this is my big need. Indeed, the software explains to the tab "Book Covers": "Book Cover report can only be built from a Catalog.db, not XMLs".

But let's stay there. This will force me to focus more on the subtleties of the library option in the Logos 7 software itself.

Best regards,

Posts 9626
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 7 2018 2:05 PM

Franck:

thank you for taking part in the conversation. Your solution works well but I do not have access to book covers and this is my big need. Indeed, the software explains to the tab "Book Covers": "Book Cover report can only be built from a Catalog.db, not XMLs".

But let's stay there. This will force me to focus more on the subtleties of the library option in the Logos 7 software itself.

Franck,

Great to hear it helps you a bit,

Mick

Running Verbum 7 and Logos 8 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Page 8 of 8 (147 items) « First ... < Previous 4 5 6 7 8 | RSS