LOgos 5 Won't Load

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
This post has 12 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 8
David Brian Tastard | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jun 25 2014 3:29 PM

8446.LogosError-2[1].log4300.LogosError[1].log7455.LogosCrash[1].txtHi

I see this is a common problem. Unfortunately I can't point to any specific moment or action when Logos stopped working. On session it was OK the next it wasn't. At the moment, no matter how I try to start the program all that happens is that the blue Logos Logo appears, stays on the screen for a few seconds and then disappears.

I have attached my log files.

Please help!

Dave

Posts 195
LogosEmployee
Seth Copeland | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 25 2014 3:42 PM

It appears that a crash is occurring because you don't have write access to a local database file that is used immediately at startup. I'm unsure why you wouldn't have write access to it. Can you launch the app as an Administrator and see if it works?

Seth Copeland

Logos SW Development

Posts 8
David Brian Tastard | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 25 2014 3:50 PM

Hi Seth

I'm running this off a Toshiba Notebook on Windows 7 not my iPad so sorry I don't undertand your reference to an app. I am the only user on this computer and as far as I know have full administrator privileges. I'm afraid i don't know how to check whether I have them.

Cheers

Dave

Posts 8
David Brian Tastard | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 25 2014 3:52 PM

Hi

Just figured out wher to find my user account. It definitely lists me as adminstrator.

Posts 195
LogosEmployee
Seth Copeland | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 25 2014 3:59 PM

David Brian Tastard:

Hi Seth

I'm running this off a Toshiba Notebook on Windows 7 not my iPad so sorry I don't undertand your reference to an app. I am the only user on this computer and as far as I know have full administrator privileges. I'm afraid i don't know how to check whether I have them.

Cheers

Dave

Sorry I meant the Logos Desktop application when I said app. I'm aware this isn't a mobile app. I was hoping you could right click on the Logos.exe (C:\Users\Dave\AppData\Local\Logos5\System\Logos.exe) and click "Run As Administrator", just to rule out the possibility that somehow Logos Desktop application doesn't have the same privileges as your User.

Posts 8
David Brian Tastard | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 25 2014 4:00 PM

Hi

I've now followed the path in the logfile to the database and the filename is slightly different to the one in the path, UserManager.db-journal not just UserManager.db. The file size is also reported as 0kb. Hope this helps.

Posts 8
David Brian Tastard | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 25 2014 4:05 PM

Hi Seth

Hope I'm not being thick here but I've tried to run the file as you suggested however there's no such file as Logos.exe there only Logos5.exe.config. I've tried to run the Logos application file - the one with no extension and the little Logos magnifying glass log as administrator but exactly the same problem occurs. Sorry!

Posts 7983
LogosEmployee

This may be caused by another application having the file open. Rebooting your machine should clear this up and may allow you run Logos again (if that really is the underlying problem).

Posts 8
David Brian Tastard | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 25 2014 6:06 PM

Sorry but there's no difference. Would it be best just to remove the programme and re-install?

Posts 24851
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 26 2014 2:55 PM

David Brian Tastard:
I've now followed the path in the logfile to the database and the filename is slightly different to the one in the path, UserManager.db-journal

I trust you can view Hidden files and folders  (Control Panel >> Folder options >> View). If you don't have UserManager.db nor Logos5\System\Logos.exe your program won't start. Try to repair the installation from Control Panel >> Programs and Features by right clicking Logos Bible Software and selecting Repair.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 8
David Brian Tastard | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 26 2014 10:01 PM

Sorry, no difference. Pop up window gets to "please wait while windows configures Logos Bible Software" then disappears almost immediately. Logos still wont run. UserManager is where it should be, so is Logos.exe.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 26 2014 10:30 PM

Windows Process Explorer can show what files are open => http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896653.aspx

Could search for open files that have Logos in the path.

Does user have permission to write to folder and UserManager files ?

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 8
David Brian Tastard | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 9 2014 3:26 PM

Thanks to you all. Have resolved the problem through the good offices of the Logos techies. I'd love to say I understand what the problem was and how it was fixed to add to the forum but I don't - sorry!

Cheers

Dave

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS