Anybody else NOT having problems with SR-1/SR-2?

Page 1 of 2 (29 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 28 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 709
Russ Quinn | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Jan 2 2010 4:03 PM

Just curious if anybody besides me is not having any of the problems with the release of SR-1 and SR-2.

The only issue I have had is the inability to execute a search on the Interlinear data of the NLT (except for surface data).

Other than that,

• all my interlinears are visible
  • Biblical People, Places and Things all work both in Passage Guide and as standalone tools
  • Search speeds and general responsiveness even seem improved

I didn't want to offer this on the other thread for fear of those who are having all of these problems feeling like I was rubbing it in. I'm really not, I am extremely grateful that my install is working.

I just thought it might be useful data for Tech Support to know that it seems that not everybody was affected by whatever is going wrong.

So, anybody out there besides me with a fully functional install of 4.0a SR-2 with all the latest resource updates?

Posts 709
Russ Quinn | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 2 2010 4:07 PM

I also thought a thread like this might be useful as a list of contacts if Tech Support needs to collect various data from working installs in their efforts to troubleshoot the problem.

Posts 2212
Damian McGrath | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 2 2010 4:08 PM

Russ Quinn:
Just curious if anybody besides me is not having any of the problems with the release of SR-1 and SR-2.

No problems here either.

And I've gone through all the Beta's.

Posts 3727
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 2 2010 4:08 PM

Russ Quinn:
So, anybody out there besides me with a fully functional install of 4.0a SR-2 with all the latest resource updates?

Hang in there... there's hope! Stick out tongue Wink

Grace & Peace,
Bill

MSI GF63 8RD, I-7 8850H, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GTX 1050Max
iPhone 12 Pro Max 512Gb
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 73
Chuck Lindsey | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 2 2010 4:12 PM

Yeah same here... everything 's cool for me.

Mac Snow Leopard running VMWare Fusion 3.01 w/ Windows XP and Logos 4 SR 2

Posts 709
Russ Quinn | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 2 2010 4:17 PM

Bill Stonebraker:

Russ Quinn:

Hang in there... there's hope! Stick out tongue Wink

I must not have communicated very clearly so let me clarify . . .

I upgraded to 4.0a SR-1 and did not have the problems that everyone else had with the crash that was fixed in SR-2 (might because I am in USA Central time zone and got the fix before 1/1/10).

I upgraded to 4.0a SR-2 and received all the resource updates and I don't have any of the problems that everyone else seems to have.

My install is working great. All the tools work. It even seems more responsive and search speeds are better.

If I had not read the other threads, I would have classified SR-1/SR-2 as a great service release based on the increase in performance for me.

What I am asking for in this thread is for others who are having a positive experience with SR-1/SR-2 to post that their install is working.

This is not to create a cheering section or anything like that.

My thinking is that this list might prove helpful for the Tech Support crew when they work on the problem on Monday.

Posts 93
Brent Gay | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 2 2010 4:18 PM

All good here with SR2. Running Win7, did the SR1 and 2 update at the same time, and was not a beta tester. Not sure if any of that makes a difference, but figured I would post it.

Brent

Posts 19124
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 2 2010 4:19 PM

I'm not having most of the problems other have reported. The only problem I've noticed so far is two reverse interlinears are broken.

• Interlinears (NASB95 and ESV, and LXX are fine; KJV and NLT are broken)
  • Media Resources are not missing in Passage Guide
  • Biblical People/Places/Things work fine
  • Home Page excerpts from my Library are working fine
  • No crashing (knock on acacia wood)
Posts 3727
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 2 2010 4:21 PM

Russ Quinn:
communicated very clearly

Sorry, Russ - was my attempt at humor... that if you weren't having problems with the rest of us, that there was always "hope" that you would have problems if you only tried hard enough...

Mea culpa. All I can do is ask forgiveness & claim that L4 deprivation has me acting strangely.

You communicated quite well that you were looking to see if others were having a positive experience.

That said, I'll get back to work & off the forums.

Grace & Peace,
Bill

iPhone 12 Pro Max 512Gb
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 2 2010 4:21 PM

I haven't noticed any problems save the NLT RI searching on my laptop (Win 7 2.2GHz Dual Core 4 GB ram) or my desktop (Win 7 2.6 GHz Quad Core 6 GB ram). Both are SR-2.

I did notice something odd when I updated to SR-2 on my laptop. I ran update now because I had gotten SR-1 earlier in the day and was reading about the problems on the other side of the date line. The SR came with a large download of resources. After the release installed Logos restarted and then another large download (hundreds of MB) started, but I canceled the download and went to bed. In the morning when I fired up Logos there was nothing to download. I don't know if this is pertinent or not, but I thought I would post it in case it is.

Posts 709
Russ Quinn | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 2 2010 4:28 PM

Bill Stonebraker:

Mea culpa. All I can do is ask forgiveness & claim that L4 deprivation has me acting strangely.

Bill, 

No need for repentance.

Sorry, hard sometimes to catch the context.

I just wasn't sure if you were having problems.

I take it that you are. I hope they get this resolved for everyone soon.

Posts 3727
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 2 2010 4:32 PM

Russ Quinn:
I just wasn't sure if you were having problems.

I am... figured humor was a better response than other temptations... I'm confident that Bob & Logos will make it all right again. 

Many blessings to you!

Bill

Grace & Peace,
Bill

iPhone 12 Pro Max 512Gb
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 1539
Terry Poperszky | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 2 2010 4:58 PM

Russ Quinn:
rious if anybody besides me is not having any of the problems with the release of SR-1 and SR-2.

Everything working great on both of my computers.

Posts 1810
Rick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 2 2010 5:06 PM

I upgraded to SR-1 and then to SR-2 on both my laptop and Home PC. No problems what so ever with the exception that the home PC. Logos 4 quit responding and closed but the update continued to run and update so I did not touch it or cancel the process. After that, the index and everything went as planned and Logos 4 opened and operated as advertised. I still have the LXX, Biblical Places etc. so I thank God that I have not had to experience what a lot of people have.

Posts 228
Bruce Junkermann | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 2 2010 5:07 PM

All fine for me.  Updated both SR1-SR2 together on my home and work computers, by running XP. 

Posts 59
Eric Ruhnow | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 2 2010 5:08 PM

Things mostly fine on my end (Vista Home Premium 32 running on an AMD laptop). Haven't had and issues with RIs or with searches or the PG, but I have had a number of times when L4 freezes up for about 5-10 seconds, and then returns to normal. I did not have this problem before the SR-1/2 updates. However this might be related to some Vista issues that have cropped up.

Lenovo TS130 Xeon E3-1245V2 | 20GB | 256 GB SSD (OS and Logos) | 3TB WD Red | Windows 10 Pro x64

L4 & L5 Platinum, L6 Gold, L5 Reformed Gold, L6 Reformed Bronze, L7 Lutheran Silver, L7 Reformed Starter, L7 Full Feature Set

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 2 2010 5:19 PM

I had a crash a little after midnight on Dec 30-31. Then changed the date on my computer and it ran OK. Then on Dec 31 later in the evening i installed SR2 via a link on this forum.

I have not updated the Reverse Interlinear resources yet.

No problems. LXX and all other resources work fine (obviously) and Biblical People/Places/Things works great too.

Edit: my system is Vista Home Prem, core 2 duo 1.66G, 4G RAM, integrated video

QLinks, Bibl2, LLR, Macros
Dell Insp 17-5748, i5, 1.7 GHz, 8G RAM, win 8.1

Posts 1130
Keith Larson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 2 2010 5:36 PM

Everything seems to be working OK for me, except NLT moph searches.

Posts 3163
Dominick Sela | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 2 2010 5:40 PM

Everything working fine for me on my laptop, I am out of town so desktop has not been upgraded past 4.0a yet.  My laptop upgraded SR-1 and SR-2 at the same time. Resources are updated.

To be safe I did a merge index after all the updates were finished. That worked fine.

Posts 77
Adrian Frost | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 2 2010 5:43 PM

Everything is working fine here with two installs of SR-2 on different computers. One desktop, quad core, 4Gb RAM running Vista 32bit and one netbook with 2Gb of RAM running XP Home. I've had none of the issues that have been reported - all interlinears working, Biblical Places, People and Things all present and correct. Haven't tried any morph searches because I don't use them a great deal anyway.

Edit: I've been through all the betas and did a "Merge Index" on both installs without problems after upgrading to SR-2.

Eglise Protestante Evangélique de Libramont, Belgique - www.epelibramont.com

Page 1 of 2 (29 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS