Help me write instructions. What do you put on your shortcut bar?

Page 2 of 2 (27 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 26 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 18643
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 1 2014 4:32 PM

Denise:
Icons are a cancer to civilization.

The Orthodox would disagree with you there.

Posts 1557
John Kight | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 2 2014 7:18 PM

I tend to use my shortcut bar for almost everything that I would need/want quickly, anything else I will use the drop down menus. Im not sure if this is the best use of space but it works for me. 

1-5 are various guides that I use/need often.

6-11 are various tools that I use/need often.

12-14 are three bibles that I tend to use rather frequently.

15-16 are original language bibles that I reference often [NA27 (w/ apparatus) and BHS (w/ apparatus)] 

17-18 BDAG & TDNT for quick access

19-22 are various dictionaries/encyclopedias that I use often. 

23-25 are various theology text that I have been working through and thus enjoy easy access.

26 LDGNT is a resource that I use fairly often and found it easier to access from the shortcut bar than search my library. 

27-28 are two study bibles are that I reference often for quick comments on a text. 

29 FSD is used sparingly, but I do use it when I want to read at random.

30 Update Now command. 

For book reviews and more visit sojotheo.com 

Posts 9945
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 2 2014 7:58 PM

I have two icons on mine:  Aleph for opening my base layout (original language texts on left and English on the right—linked) and Omega for "close all."  I'm not too thrilled with using icons—you won't find a single one on my desktop.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 752
David A Egolf | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 3 2014 11:05 AM

I agree with George.  I had my "close all" as an Omega, as well.

Posts 212
Simon | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 3 2014 11:25 AM

I have:

For sermon preparation, I use 5 basic steps, for each step I have create a layout that I have in my shortcut bar, labeled 0 to 4.

0 - Introduction to Bible book
1 - Translation and word study
2 - Cross Reference searching
3 - Commentaries
4 - Illustrations

Besides links to those layouts, I have:

• Update now
  • ISBE
  • Anchor-Yale Bible Dictionary
  • In The encyclopedia of Judaism (to find info about Jewish practices)
  • In The new Schaff-Herzog encyclopedia of religious knowledge: embracing Biblical, historical, doctrinal, and practical theology and Biblical, theological, and ecclesiastical biography from the earliest times to the present day (good resource for quick access to church history)
  • My favorite bibles (BHS, NA28, NA27 with apparatus, Greek Majority Text, NASB95, HCSB, and the Dutch translations (SVV, NBG51, HSV, NBV)
  • Psalms (we sing the psalms in our church, version of 1773, created as PBB)
  • Heidelberg Catechism (Dutch, PBB)
  • Belgic Confession (Nederlandse Geloofsbelijdenis, Dutch, PBB)
  • Canons of Dordt (Dordtse Leerregels, Dutch, PBB)
Posts 943
Everett Headley | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 3 2014 1:45 PM

FWIW, I have many of these already and not much to add.  But I do remember the L3 days when you could do so much more customization with your tool bars.  Having a whole other row was so helpful.  I wish Logos would bring at least that back, but while adding the drop down features as well.

Posts 212
Simon | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 4 2014 2:00 AM

Everett Headley:

FWIW, I have many of these already and not much to add.  But I do remember the L3 days when you could do so much more customization with your tool bars.  Having a whole other row was so helpful.  I wish Logos would bring at least that back, but while adding the drop down features as well.

A second bar, or, even better, a possibility to group items in a dropdown menu in the shortcut bar, would be nice!

Page 2 of 2 (27 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS