Unable to Open Resources from Search Results

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 260
Jeff Terrell | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jul 3 2014 7:18 AM

Anyone having trouble opening resource links from search results?  I searched <Bible Galatians 1:18> in my Journals and am unable to open resources from the results.

Posts 25342
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 3 2014 7:34 AM

Jeff Terrell:
Anyone having trouble opening resource links from search results?

No trouble here

Jeff Terrell:
 I searched <Bible Galatians 1:18> in my Journals and am unable to open resources from the results.

Is this the case for all journal resources or just a subset? If you do an Entire Library search can you open the results then?

Can you provide a few more details - ideally with a screenshot?

Posts 25342
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 3 2014 7:38 AM

Jeff

Sorry I should have asked if you were running on Mac

If so, does the discussion at http://community.logos.com/forums/t/86074.aspx help? There is currently a problem for which there is a workaround

Graham

Posts 260
Jeff Terrell | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 3 2014 12:22 PM

I am using Mac Beta 5.2b Beta 3 (5.2.2.0041).  Here is a screen print.  Notice the active lower mid resource is MacArthur Galatians. However, I am trying to open "3. Paul Among the Nabateans".  When I click the link on the search results pane, nothing happens.  I have manually opened the resource from Library view, so I know that it is in my library and that it is accessible.  

Any ideas?

3223.Journal Resources.tiff

Posts 25342
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 3 2014 12:29 PM

Jeff Terrell:
Any ideas?

This seems to be consistent with the bug discussed in the post I referenced above

If you click on the "hit" such as "Gal 1:18" does the resource move to the correct article?

Posts 260
Jeff Terrell | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 3 2014 2:05 PM

Actually, yes!  I didn't read the other post...but it looks like it is a known issue.

Thanks!

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 5 2014 4:54 PM

Jeff Terrell:
I searched <Bible Galatians 1:18> in my Journals and am unable to open resources from the results.

FYI: search can use Bible Abbreviation:

<Ga 1.18>

Logos has list of Bible Book abbreviations => https://www.logos.com/support/windows/L4/abbreviations

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS