4.0a-SR-2

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 3
briancooper | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Jan 3 2010 6:25 AM
Since my initial upgrade to L4 (from the DVD), I had experienced EXCESSIVELY slow application transactions, even though I am running Win7 on a 64-bit, 2.3 Mhz, Dual Quad AMD processor, with 8 GB RAM. After several emails to Logos and recommendations from them to contact tech support (no way---30min + wait time), I uninstalled, then re-installed. After this second attempt, I thought the recommended upgrade notice to 4.0a would help, so I let it download. This proved to be a fatal mistake. After that, I could not even open L4.0a...shortly after the product's toolbar would appear, I would get the message, "Logos BIble Software has stopped working...." After a few days of contemplation, I decided I would tolerate one more uninstall and re-install before asking for a refund until Logos got its act together. This time, I allowed the SR-2 version to download and the product actually seems to work. I think progress has been made by the L4 tech staff, although I still experienced, improved, but still slower than desired response time. I then purchased an HD 1GB video/graphics card which has further the improved the response time to make the product finally acceptable (knock on wood). Brian
Posts 26233
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 3 2010 6:36 AM

Thanks Brian.

You've confirmed a performance enhancement via a fast video card.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 3
briancooper | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 4 2010 6:39 PM
Dave, My "knock-on-wood" did not work...I opened L4 this evening to continue the study plan I am developing and have unfortunately re-discovered the agony (and defeat?) of tryng to use L4. I thought the new video card solved my problem, but I guess not today, anyway. Any thoughts as to why I continue to have very sluggish response times while even one screen tries to open? As a software developer, having worked for some BIG ERP guys out there, I understand the challenges of producing quality S/W, but this one came out of the chute prematurely. Also, the inability to go to "File/Print" and or "Copy" for articles, clippings, etc. is a major boo-boo. I've tried running L4 without my suites of anit-stuff, but still am flying in the dark. Brian
Posts 569
J. Morris | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 4 2010 7:02 PM

Brian, I'm sorry to hear about your troubles.  I'm running L4 on a 3 yr old laptop that has sub-prime performance.  It runs fairly well for me with only a few minor exceptions.

You may want to check out this information on the Logos Wiki page.

http://wiki.logos.com/Logos_Running_Slowly

Hope you can use the information here to help you.

Posts 3
briancooper | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 5 2010 4:33 PM
Jeremiah, thanks for the input. I am running the Leader's Library edition, so although it has more than the basic sets, it is still far from the high-end version. Tonight, it is running better for some reason, but in trying to highlight and then CTRL-C to copy and then past my data into Word, I find scrolling my "Clipping" file to highlight it to be putting me to sleep.
Posts 26233
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 5 2010 5:21 PM

BrianACooper:
Dave, My "knock-on-wood" did not work..

Any potential performance issues would seem to be covered by your machine's specs going by the experiences of other users. There is a possible interaction with other software and it may help to disable your anti-virus and firewall (Security Suite) and run with no other software (background & foreground). If that makes a difference then enable/run software one at a time to discover the offender!

I get adequate response in Windows 7 RC with an old Athlon XP @ 2.16 GHz and 1.25 Gb RAM running with browser, security suite and file sync programs!

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS