Visibility campaign: "Better Control of Multi-Book Volumes/Works"

Page 1 of 1 (18 items)
This post has 17 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 18634
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jul 16 2014 4:24 PM

Check out this UserVoice suggestion which is important and popular but hasn't quite been noticed enough to get triple digit votes. It needs a push to get it onto the second page of suggestions where it might pick up some more votes, and even more of a push to get it noticed by Logos.

The idea is that it's very hard to find a book or even to know that you have it when it's contained within a larger resource (as is the case with The Complete Works of Francis Schaeffer, and many of the Early Church Fathers), or to control collections and searches based on sub-books within larger volumes.

If you're lucky the titles of such books are mentioned in the description of the resource, so at least it will show up in your library when you search for a book within it. Or if you painstakingly go through all your multi-book volumes and rename their titles to reflect the names of all the sub-books that are contained within them, then you can find it. (I've done that with the collected works of certain authors: e.g., Baxter, Owen).

But still there are things you can't do at present. For example, it would be great to be able to sort/group your library by author and see all the books by a given author that you actually own even if they are sub-books within a larger volume.

So let's get Logos to consider adding some features to better support these resources that are made up of a bunch of books. Go check out the suggestion and if you like it, place as many votes as you can spare on it:

Better Control of Multi-Book Volumes/Works

Posts 1002
LimJK | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 16 2014 5:34 PM

Smile

Added 3 votes 

JK

MacBookPro Retina 15" Late 2013 2.6GHz RAM:16GB SSD:500GB macOS Sierra 10.12.3 | iPhone 7 Plus iOS 10.2.1

Posts 1129
Keith Larson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 16 2014 6:03 PM

Added 3 Votes. Looks like it is now on the second page.

I have wanted this for a long time.

Great suggestion!

Posts 225
Alex Bui | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 16 2014 6:03 PM

Look like a good feature to have.  I added 3 votes. 

Thanks for all the great posts, Rosie.  Smile

Posts 2911
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 16 2014 6:11 PM

3 votes for me...I think I might add 10 votes if I was allowed. I was just looking for a book in a multivolume set (John Owen) and it took forever just to find the book. 

Jacob Hantla
Pastor/Elder, Grace Bible Church
gbcaz.org

Posts 41
Fr. Nicklaus Winker | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 16 2014 8:51 PM

Added my three votes!

Posts 18634
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 16 2014 10:34 PM

Yay, this is up to 97 votes already from 61 just a few hours ago. That's more than a 50% increase, and it's midway up the 2nd page already. Another 50% increase and it'll be on the first page! Anyone else have a few votes to spare?

Posts 325
Sue McIntyre | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 16 2014 10:54 PM

100 now

Posts 18634
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 17 2014 1:48 PM

Another bump. We're up to 111 votes on this. Anyone else interested in taking a look and casting some votes on it?

Better Control of Multi-Book Volumes/Works

Posts 8833
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 18 2014 8:01 PM

I just voted too!

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 1070
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 19 2014 8:22 PM

Rosie with my 3 its at 130 now

L4 Bible Study, L5 Reformed Bronze, & L5 Gold, L6 Platinum & Reformed Platinum, L7 Platinum, L8 Baptist Platinum.
2015 rMBP 15" 2.2GHz 16GB 256GB SSD, running macOS Mojave   iPad Mini 4,   iPhone 6.

Posts 2756
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 19 2014 8:41 PM

I've used 3 votes.

Posts 18634
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 19 2014 11:50 PM

Awesome, everyone. Just 13 more votes and this will move up to the first page, among the top ten user requests. Surely Logos will notice it then.

Posts 2911
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 25 2014 2:32 PM

If I had more votes I would certainly cast them

Jacob Hantla
Pastor/Elder, Grace Bible Church
gbcaz.org

Posts 18634
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 25 2014 10:31 PM

Woot! It's up to 10th place now. It has made it onto the first page of suggestions. Thank you, everyone. If anyone else still wants to vote, it could help. There might be a new version of Logos (5.3??) coming later this year, and it would be awesome if they'd consider working on this feature for it.

Posts 8833
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 26 2014 4:35 AM

Rosie Perera:
Woot! It's up to 10th place now.

That is great news.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 10449
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 26 2014 6:53 AM

Jacob Hantla:

If I had more votes I would certainly cast them

Thank you for bumping this thread; I had missed it previously. Rosie, you now have my 3 votes, and I agree with Jacob.

Posts 18634
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 26 2014 1:12 PM

It's now up to position #8, and the suggestion just above it at position #7 has already been STARTED, so perhaps if we push this up just a bit more, to the position above that one, it will light up some lights on Logos's dashboard and they'll put it on their "to do" list.

Page 1 of 1 (18 items) | RSS