Page 5 of 5 (97 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5
This post has 96 Replies | 10 Followers

Posts 67
Brian Whalen | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 6 2009 12:04 PM

I assumed this was a piracy cost reduction thing.  I guess it also makes sense, that this is a way to offset the inevitable calls to TS that come with a transfer, I acquired my Scholar's Library that way, and made I believe 3 TS contacts.

Brian Whalen

http://www.mcnazarene.com

Posts 1751
Nathan Parker | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 12 2009 12:47 AM

[[AUTHOR EDITED REST OF POST IN ORDER TO NOT MAKE TOTAL FOOL OUT OF SELF AGAIN]]

As far as the whole "employee" thing goes, the entire transfer transaction could be done electronically, costing Logos NOTHING in order to make the license transfer occur. In fact, we were recently discussing how we would implement that ourselves in the event we had to insert license codes in some of our products. We could electronically perform the transfers and never have to worry about a thing. Simple, secure, and it works. 

Nathan Parker

Visit my blog at http://focusingonthemarkministries.com

Posts 1751
Nathan Parker | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 12 2009 12:55 AM

Joe Miller:

Bob Pritchett:

Sorry it's taken so long for me to jump in on this. I've been wrestling the policy dragon.

BOTTOM LINE:

We're removing the 10% fee and setting the fee at a fixed $20.

Thanks Bob for taking the time to work this out and doing what is right be all of your customers.  Yes

Just read this after submitting my post.

Thanks Bob! Sounds better, although if you look what I said about automating the process, that might allow you to even drop the $20 fee if you can automate things. We've got a great idea here in place I'd be willing to share more with you if you'd like. This would make the license transfer much easier.

I'm reading this at 3:00 AM and as always I opened my big mouth before reading everything. 

Thanks again Bob, and if you'd like me to talk to you more about automating the license transfer (after I get a good night's rest and clear my head) I'd be happy to. It'd probably save you and your customers a lot of time and money in the long run.

Thanks and goodnight!

A very sleepy Nathan Parker

PS. I'm going to have to quit offering 24/7 support. :-)

Nathan Parker

Posts 2774
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 12 2009 9:36 AM
Hi Nathan, You wrote, "[[AUTHOR EDITED REST OF POST IN ORDER TO NOT MAKE TOTAL FOOL OUT OF SELF AGAIN]]" For those of us who subscribe via email, too late. We got your first post. Lesson learned buddy.. don't post before you read. :-) Joe

My Books in Logos & FREE Training

Posts 2774
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 12 2009 9:39 AM

Phil,

This is the second or third time someone has come to this old thread making brash and angry statements only to find Bob has already resolved the issue.

Might I suggest you edit the first post and put a link to Bob's answer.... or quite simply delete the thread and post Bob's answer in the FAQ section.  It sure would prevent further miscommunications.

Joe

My Books in Logos & FREE Training

Posts 2737
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 12 2009 1:38 PM

Joe Miller:

Phil,

This is the second or third time someone has come to this old thread making brash and angry statements only to find Bob has already resolved the issue.

Might I suggest you edit the first post and put a link to Bob's answer.... or quite simply delete the thread and post Bob's answer in the FAQ section.  It sure would prevent further miscommunications.

Joe

Good suggestion. Thanks.

Bohuslav

Posts 1751
Nathan Parker | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 12 2009 4:17 PM

Joe Miller:
Hi Nathan, You wrote, "[[AUTHOR EDITED REST OF POST IN ORDER TO NOT MAKE TOTAL FOOL OUT OF SELF AGAIN]]" For those of us who subscribe via email, too late. We got your first post. Lesson learned buddy.. don't post before you read. :-) Joe

Hee hee! Yeah, I figured that out later when I got the email. I was too tired last night to even figure out that one. Oh well, for those that subscribe via email you got a nice little juicy thing to read that the rest didn't get to. :-)

Anyway, glad this is resolved. This is definitely better than the previous plan, and I believe down the road Logos can come up with ways to even make license transfers better for users through automation. I'm sure willing to post some suggestions if they need it (I know you're all saying, "I bet.")

Good idea on the suggestion to Phil. Posting it at the top or creating a new thread or new link or something with the resolved issue saves us from having to wade through the group to find the resolution and post comments that we (as in I) later regret. That would be great to update that.

Nathan Parker

Posts 1751
Nathan Parker | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 12 2009 11:18 PM

Why is it putting me as the author of this thread when I only replied (and I big one at that)? I'm guessing the forum engine like to blame the author on whoever yacks the most? :-)

Seriously, just wondering why I'm showing up as the author.

Thanks!

Nathan Parker

Posts 10597
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 13 2009 2:47 AM

Nathan

I believe "Author" should probably be labeled "Last Poster". I note that I am now listed as Author.

Jack

Nathan Parker:

Why is it putting me as the author of this thread when I only replied (and I big one at that)? I'm guessing the forum engine like to blame the author on whoever yacks the most? :-)

Thanks!

Posts 271
Don | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 13 2009 7:58 AM
JackCaviness:

I believe "Author" should probably be labeled "Last Poster". I note that I am now listed as Author.

Unless of course it is sent by instant messenger, in which case it would be "imposter."
Posts 129
John McComb | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 13 2009 11:32 AM

JackCaviness:

No, I think this is correct. You are the author of the last post and those links are supposed to be pointing to the last post (even though they aren't. Leastwise they don't navigate me to the most recent post when I click on them).

A link to the person who started the thread should be labeled "Originator".

Yours in Christ

John

Posts 418
davidphillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 13 2009 1:01 PM

John, you may know this, but you can navigate to the last post by clicking on the time stamp of the post located at the far right side of the screen.

Posts 2737
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 13 2009 1:07 PM

David B Phillips:

John, you may know this, but you can navigate to the last post by clicking on the time stamp of the post located at the far right side of the screen.

Although I am not John Smile, you made my day. I did not know we can do that. I was always angry on the system to click on the forum and than to the last page. Thank you so much for that simple trick information.

Bohuslav

Posts 18
Matthew Owen | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 13 2009 2:17 PM

Bob, thank you for the gracious and thoughtful response. I'm only a newcomer to this discussion. But having just purchased Logos for Mac a couple of months ago, this gives me great confidence in the company's transparency and integrity.

Posts 1751
Nathan Parker | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 13 2009 3:26 PM

JackCaviness:

Nathan

Jack

Nathan Parker:

Thanks!

I'm seeing what's up now. Yeah, something needs to be "reworded" for clarity.

Nathan Parker

Posts 2828
Michael Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 18 2009 10:08 AM

Bob,

I certainly appreciate your answer.  It is well reasoned and most fair.  I do trust you to do the right thing.  You have proven trustworthy in the past.  Thanks for caring.

Sometimes a license exchange results in more sales for Logos.  My case for example:  Another loyal Logos customer asked me to sell him my license to a commentary no longer available through Logos.  I seldom used that particular commentary, but i wanted to upgrade my Logos library.  The result is that by selling him my license on a commentary, I was greatly helped in the purchase of the Scholar's Platinum edition.  That made everyone a winner:  the other user, me, and Logos who got more sells.

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Posts 9
Dirk Boersma | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 4 2010 1:19 AM

Hi Bob, thank you for explaining the policy so extensively and clearly. The explanation why Logos cannot support reselling part of a 'killer deal' is very clear. I can see that you are doing everything to run an honest business, you have earned my respect. I have been a Logos user since 1993 and I am impressed. Keep walking in this direction under God's guidance, and you may enjoy the favor of the Lord! 

Page 5 of 5 (97 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 | RSS