look up a word

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 12
Blane Thompson | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Jan 3 2010 6:40 PM

What if I just want to look up a word like " religion " , like just in a dictionary from the home page, how is that done? I typed it in both the command box and the boy by the logo but nothing happens. I opened a dictionary but that opened to the last word I may have highlighted in a text, right clicked and had the option to look it up in a dictionary.

I'm sure there is a easy answer to this basic question. Thanks, Blane

Posts 582
Gary O'Neal | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 3 2010 6:49 PM

Blane Thompson:

What if I just want to look up a word like " religion " , like just in a dictionary from the home page, how is that done? I typed it in both the command box and the boy by the logo but nothing happens. I opened a dictionary but that opened to the last word I may have highlighted in a text, right clicked and had the option to look it up in a dictionary.

I'm sure there is a easy answer to this basic question. Thanks, Blane

Blane

From the Home Page, you can type -- Search religion -- in the Command Box. This opens up a basic search through your entire library. You can also just type -- religion -- in the Go command box (not sure what it's called - the box with the "Go" after it).

πάντα εἰς δόξαν θεοῦ ποιεῖτε

Posts 707
Russ Quinn | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 3 2010 6:58 PM

After you type religion in the command box, choose the entry "Search for Religion" at the bottom of the drop down box.

This will launch a search for the word in the Basic search tool.

If click on the arrow next to the word Topic at the top of the results pane, it will list all the dictionaries that have Religion as an entry.
Every occurrence of the word in your entire library is listed under the tab Library Results. 

You can also set up collections of your favorite dictionaries to narrow your search.

Posts 12
Blane Thompson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 4 2010 3:45 AM

Thank you Mr. Quinn, it worked just as you said. I had been messing with the program quite a bit yesterday and it's brain may have been as scrambled as mine. This morning I typed in my word and instantly had all references I could ever hope for. Thank again for taking the time. Blane

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS