Finally!!!

Page 2 of 2 (25 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 24 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 2867
Mike Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 26 2014 10:31 PM

What translation? Seriously, he had never read beyond Genesis?

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Posts 1079
William Gabriel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 27 2014 4:11 AM

Michael Childs:

I fear that may be more than most.

Posts 1239
Liam | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 28 2014 6:11 AM

Michael Childs:

In the video he said he likes it because it's one of the most literal translations, and because it has all the old timey language. He's also removing the really archaic stuff like "thou" and replacing it with modern equivalents, but leaving all the old words like "assuaged". He is also replacing "the Lord" with YHWH which is an awesome move, and is more personal than the other. I think it will make for an excellent translation in that it will have some of the old great language without the difficulty of reading that all the "thou"s bring with it. A bit like reading Lord of the Rings if you will. He also has raised enough funding to choose any translation he wants, not just public domain ones, so it seems that he is choosing it over anything else.

Posts 30869
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 28 2014 12:15 PM

Liam:
He also has raised enough funding to choose any translation he wants, not just public domain ones, so it seems that he is choosing it over anything else.

The owners of the copyrights have to be willing to sell him the rights to create his version. There have been several interesting cases recently in which that has not been the case.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 7739
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 28 2014 2:30 PM

MJ. Smith:

Liam:
He also has raised enough funding to choose any translation he wants, not just public domain ones, so it seems that he is choosing it over anything else.

The owners of the copyrights have to be willing to sell him the rights to create his version. There have been several interesting cases recently in which that has not been the case.

I was wondering the same thing and was going to post about it, but MJ beat me to it.  Yeah, I think this kid has a great idea, but needs to ask for permission not just plagiarize the content of the ASV 1901.  Another thing, I don't like the 4 book set format he's thinking of offering.  If he knows how to count, I hope he doesn't count on me buying a copy from him...LOL

DAL 

Page 2 of 2 (25 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS