Logos 4 installation incomplete

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 33
Lee Patmore | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Jan 4 2010 12:28 AM

When downloading and installing Logos 4 it never got to the point of prompting me to log in to my Logos .com account.  Instead the error came up "Logos Bible Software 4 has stopped working". I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling a couple of times with the same results. I'm running Vista. Attempting to retrieve a log file by using the ctrl key doesn't seem to work, it just kicks up the same error without entering the program.

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 4 2010 4:38 AM

It's possible that the uninstall isn't catching all the files. Delete your Logos folder C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Local\Logos4 (after an uninstall) before you try installing again. The AppData folder is hidden so you will have to enable view hidden files and folders in you folder options (in the control panel)

Posts 8639
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 4 2010 4:44 AM

Lee,

Do I understand that there is no log file at all?

Check under my documents/logos log files/*.log to find them.

Else I suggest deleting the install directory (C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Logos4\Install) and redownloading the installer and running it again. 

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 33
Lee Patmore | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 4 2010 7:39 AM

Yes, there is no log file at all. I don't have a folder called logos log files. I deleted the install directory as you suggested and redownloaded and reinstalled (after uninstalling although not rebooting) and the same problem again.

Posts 8639
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 4 2010 7:49 AM

Ok, I need to back up a bit.

Can you post your system specifications including OS information? That will help us troubleshoot the problem better.

Thank you.

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 33
Lee Patmore | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 4 2010 8:17 AM

Posts 33
Lee Patmore | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 4 2010 11:44 AM

Hi

I spent several hours this am with Tommy (one of your techs) on the phone in this regard. He was helpful but didn't solve anything as of yet and is sending a bunch of info off to the higher ups. I'll await his response. Thanks for your time. My case # is 50680

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS