Updating Logos 4 - but NOT notes/reading plans

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 12
Rev. Lutjens | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Jan 4 2010 12:30 PM

Hi - I've recently updated to Logos 4, Plat edit.  If I've followed the EULA correctly, I've installed it on my home and work machines (both owned by me) for use.

I'm looking for a way to separate my work and home studies. Is there a way to set up one machine to get updates and sync licenses, but NOT sync things like reading plans?  When I go home, I don't want to open Logos and see work. When I'm at work, I don't want my home preferences (or my wife's research) jumping out at me.

Can anyone help?

Posts 29584
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 4 2010 1:02 PM

RobertWLutjens:
Can anyone help?

Hey no fair - the post I was responding to changed.Big Smile

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 2720
DominicM | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 4 2010 1:15 PM

you could always set  firewall rules to block Logos4.exe, and Logos4updater.exe, from using the internet, but it will depend on your software/herdware.

Given they Sync is also a backup I dont think it is recommended.Just use a system prefix ME_ WIFE_ or similar to seperate your files.

You can hide your wifes stuff by removing them from view on the 3 ring thingy

Never Deprive Anyone of Hope.. It Might Be ALL They Have

Posts 12
Rev. Lutjens | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 5 2010 1:24 PM

OK - what about this:

Under program settings, What if I have 'Automatically Download Updates' turned "ON" for both machines, but have 'Use Internet' turned OFF for one of them? That should stop that machine from updating notes to the cloud server.

The question would be, if I purchased/load new books, would the computer with the 'Use Internet' turned off automatically download them? Would licenses sync?

Anybody?

Posts 12
Rev. Lutjens | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 5 2010 1:25 PM

Oh, not sure what the 3 ring thingy is...but I've ordered the MP manuals, they'll be here Thurs. :)

Robert

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS