Word Macro to Convert Non-Functional Endnotes/Footnotes

Page 2 of 2 (28 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 27 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 2
Stijn Haelewyck | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 5 2017 2:43 AM

Hi Robert,

Your solution would be an absolute lifesaver!! Nice work.

Could you relink the dropbox doc (or just copy paste the script)? You would save me and my colleagues days of work :)

Thank you in advance!

Stijn

Posts 2691
DominicM | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 5 2017 9:36 AM

Here is the relevant section from my macros - I borrowed it off the net and tweaked it a little, presumably Robert did similar, also made the wording a little clearer and defaulted it to [#] notes

4477.pages.txt

Never Deprive Anyone of Hope.. It Might Be ALL They Have

Posts 1699
Robert M. Warren | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 5 2017 2:56 PM

Stijn Haelewyck:
Could you relink the dropbox doc (or just copy paste the script)?

Yikes!  I must have fat-fingered the files into oblivion.

Here's Version 4, in which I had to put a Word 2016 fix:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/heog8j4c7w7zwrg/Footnote%20Converter%20V4.docm?dl=0 

Just in case it's needed, here's the older version that worked fine in Word 2013:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/vni9nx441v49xfp/Footnote%20Converter%20V3.docm?dl=0 

Follow the instructions and caveats and remember:  sometimes you just have to drop back five yards and punt.

Win 10 Android 8.1 Fire OS 5

Posts 2
Stijn Haelewyck | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 6 2017 4:25 AM

I cannot thank you both enough! Works like a charm. Seriously considering to name my first-born after you guys.

Cheers!

Posts 2691
DominicM | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 6 2017 9:30 AM

If they might be of interest please feel to post in this files forum, as long as they are out of copyright

Never Deprive Anyone of Hope.. It Might Be ALL They Have

Posts 1699
Robert M. Warren | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 6 2017 4:18 PM

Stijn Haelewyck:
Seriously considering to name my first-born after you guys.

If a girl, she'll thank you later for Dominique and not Roberta Big Smile

Posts 1504
Forum MVP
Fr Devin Roza | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 5 2017 11:57 PM

Robert M. Warren:

Here's Version 4, in which I had to put a Word 2016 fix:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/heog8j4c7w7zwrg/Footnote%20Converter%20V4.docm?dl=0 

Thanks so much again for this macro. It's a real life-saver! 

I recently upgraded to Word 2016, and was having trouble making the macro work (getting the 4605 error, even with v4). I ended up putting 3 consecutive DoEvents instead of just 1 and now it is working like a charm. Could be that faster computers need more than one DoEvents to allow Word time to catch up with the macro? Not sure, anyway thanks again for a great macro.

Posts 1699
Robert M. Warren | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 6 2017 9:55 AM

Fr Devin Roza:
Could be that faster computers need more than one DoEvents to allow Word time to catch up with the macro?

Aha! Reminds me that not only had I gone from Word 2013 to 2016, at the same time I had moved to a faster computer. Causality vs. Covariation continues to vex.

Happy it's helpful.

Page 2 of 2 (28 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS