Vyrso Deal - Israel: Ancient Kingdom or Late Invention? (Block)

Page 1 of 1 (18 items)
This post has 17 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 1875
Paul-C | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Aug 13 2014 10:37 AM

Just bought this book and thought it might interest others Logos users.

Posts 1054
William Gabriel | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 13 2014 10:41 AM

Thank you for the tip. Dr. Block is a brilliant professor and this is a great price.

Posts 10339
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 13 2014 11:07 AM

Thanks, Paul!   I went over to Vyrso, ordered the book. Then it wanted me to sign in (already signed in on Logos.com).

I said 'No thanks.'  'If you're too lazy to code then I'm too lazy to buy'.  We'll call it a draw.

Block is good however.  

Posts 6602
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 13 2014 11:10 AM

Denise:

Thanks, Paul!   I went over to Vyrso, ordered the book. Then it wanted me to sign in (already signed in on Logos.com).

I said 'No thanks.'  'If you're too lazy to code then I'm too lazy to buy'.  We'll call it a draw.

Block is good however.  

It does get a little annoying having to sign in to Vyrso even if you're already signed in in Logos.  I guess security purposes, but nothing that will kill you hehe Wink

DAL

Posts 10339
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 13 2014 11:28 AM

Yep. Way too many Logosians try to sneak into the Vyrso book store and buy stuff.  And it's always so embarrassing, when the Vyrso personnel ask for ID.

But more seriously, on the one side of the 'Ancient Kingdom' is an odd absence of evidence. And on the other is an odd presence of evidence.  Fruitful ground for scholars to publish and not perish.

Posts 6489
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 13 2014 11:32 AM

Here is the link. https://vyrso.com/product/39229/israel-ancient-kingdom-or-late-invention

Everything ever written in Religion and Theology formatted for Logos Bible Software.Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 1265
HJ. van der Wal | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 27 2015 6:05 PM

For anyone who missed the sale in August: you can buy it for $1.99 this week as part of the Best of 2014 Sale.

Posts 500
Brad | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 27 2015 7:57 PM

H.-J.van der Wal:

For anyone who missed the sale in August: you can buy it for $1.99 this week as part of the Best of 2014 Sale.

Thank you for pointing this out!

Posts 468
Charlene | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 27 2015 8:22 PM

Thanks!

Charlene

Posts 1841
mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 27 2015 8:42 PM

Here's what I bought

(I checked the reviews, TOC and contents from Amazon before I bought them, and I feel they're worth $1.99)

When Missions Shapes the Mission David Horner, David Platt $1.99
Spiritual Warfare and Missions Jerry Rankin, Ed Stetzer $1.99
The Everychurch Guide to Growth: How Any Plateaued Church Can Grow C. Peter Wagner, Elmer L. Towns, Thom S. Rainer $1.99
Israel: Ancient Kingdom or Late Invention? Daniel I. Block $1.99
Contending with Christianity's Critics: Anwering New Atheists and Other Objectors Paul Copan, William Lane Craig $1.99
Passionate Conviction: Modern Discourses on Christian Apologetics by 11 authors $1.99
Perspectives on Family Ministry: Three Views by 5 authors $1.99
Perspectives on the Ending of Mark by 6 authors $1.99
Moral Apologetics for Contemporary Christians: Pushing Back Against Cultural and Religious Critics Mark Coppenger $1.99
Perspectives on our Struggle with Sin: Three Views of Romans 7 by 5 authors $1.99
Subversive Kingdom: Living as Agents of Gospel Transformation Ed Stetzer $1.99
Preach: Theology Meets Practice Mark Dever, Greg Gilbert, Mark Denver $1.99
Praying the News: Your Prayers Are More Powerful than You Know Wendy Griffith, Craig von Buseck, Pat Robertson $1.99
The Spiritual Warrior’s Prayer Guide Quin Sherrer, Ruthanne Garlock, Jane Hamon $1.99

Total of $27.86 for 14 books.

I don't buy books from Vryso that cost more than $1.99. 

$1.99 is my max for Vryso books.

edit: bought 1 more

Truth Matters: Confident Faith in a Confusing World Andreas J. Köstenberger, Darrell Bock, Josh Chatraw $1.99
Posts 1998
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 28 2015 4:55 AM

There were a lot of good books in this sale!

Disclaimer:  I hate using messaging, texting, and email for real communication.  If anything that I type to you seems like anything other than humble and respectful, then I have not done a good job typing my thoughts.

Posts 989
JohnB | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 28 2015 6:43 AM

mike:
I don't buy books from Vryso that cost more than $1.99.

Hum. You got me looking at, and buying, a couple more that I had previously overlooked! Thanks.

Posts 787
James Hiddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 28 2015 8:39 AM

Thanks for pointing those out Mike Yes

Posts 2278
Andy | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 28 2015 12:03 PM

Thanks for drawing attention to these, Mike. I've picked up the Block and a couple of the Perspectives books as a result.

Posts 692
Kevin A Lewis | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 29 2015 2:21 AM

The Bock should certainly be a Logos title - no idea why it is just a Vyrso one!

Posts 27816
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 29 2015 4:24 AM

Kevin A Lewis:

The Bock should certainly be a Logos title - no idea why it is just a Vyrso one!

It may be for a similar reason to moody... the licensing agreements that faithlife has between publishers are different for "Logos" and "Vyrso" editions. Faithflife currently has the ability to sell moody titles only in the Vyrso store... If publishers are less inclined to allow faithlife to make "logos" edition agreements, but they are willing to have a "vyrso" edition one... you end up with resources more suited for Logos in VYrso. 

There is a silver lining... If Faithlife ends up migrating a book from Vyrso to Logos, those who have purchased the "vyrso" edition will receive a free upgrade. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 1569
John Kight | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 29 2015 4:26 AM

Thanks, I picked up several.

For book reviews and more visit sojotheo.com 

Posts 102
Andrew Malone | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 13 2015 4:53 PM

Given the interest last time Block's volume was on sale, I'm simply flagging that it's on sale again ($2.99 until Aug 18).

Page 1 of 1 (18 items) | RSS