5.2b Service Release 2 (5.2.2.1512) available for download

Page 1 of 2 (36 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 35 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 1471
Angela Murashov | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Aug 21 2014 1:20 PM

5.2b Service Release 2 (5.2.2.1512) is available for download.

If you have automatic updates turned on, 5.2b SR-2 will be downloaded automatically the next time your system checks for updates. To install it right away, enter the Update Now command. If you encounter problems with the auto update, download SR-2 using the appropriate link:

Mac
Windows

Release Notes

Posts 8895
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 21 2014 2:08 PM

Thanks Angela for fixing those ongoing bugs.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 1471
Angela Murashov | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 21 2014 2:32 PM

You're welcome Smile But the Developers are the ones who fix the bugs and crashes...Dylan and I are the ones who test the app. Smile

Posts 8895
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 21 2014 2:38 PM

Yes I realize that. I really meant to thank the whole team.

But...perhaps I spoke too soon. I just downloaded and restarted and now Logos crashes each time. Angry

and then...

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 1471
Angela Murashov | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 21 2014 2:43 PM

Oh no! Sad Bruce can you please post your logs? That will help the Developer figure out exactly what is causing the crash.

Posts 7978
LogosEmployee

Bruce Dunning:
I just downloaded and restarted

You will need to open to a blank layout and wait two minutes to fix the crash, sorry. See the discussion here: http://community.logos.com/forums/t/88162.aspx 

Posts 8895
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 21 2014 3:01 PM

0211.LogosError-2.zip

Posts 7978
LogosEmployee

We're going to temporarily stop automatic updates of 5.2b SR-2 while we fix this crash.

Posts 8895
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 21 2014 3:07 PM

Thanks Bradley. That worked.

Question, if the corrupt database was fixed this morning why did I have this issue now?

Posts 8895
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 21 2014 3:21 PM

That makes sense.

Posts 7978
LogosEmployee

Bruce Dunning:
Question, if the corrupt database was fixed this morning why did I have this issue now?

Your copy of Logos 5 hadn't downloaded the corrected metadata before you restarted the application.

Posts 78
Kelvin Chiu | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 21 2014 4:33 PM

Can we download the 5.2b SR 5.2.2.1512 now or we have to wait for a new service release?

Thanks in advance.

Posts 2465
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 21 2014 4:45 PM

I'm going to be the bad guy and ask: does anyone at Logos actually test these programs as a user before the service releases go out the door? Maybe this would help to cut out those new showstopper bugs?

Posts 638
Jim | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 21 2014 5:09 PM

Bruce Dunning:

Yes I realize that. I really meant to thank the whole team.

But...perhaps I spoke too soon. I just downloaded and restarted and now Logos crashes each time. Angry

and then...

I get the same thing, but for Logos 5.2b version 5.2.2.1496. This just started happening today (8/21/14). I put my logs here 

Have a great day,
jmac

Posts 78
Kelvin Chiu | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 21 2014 5:18 PM

It happens on release 5.2b Service Release 2 (5.2.2.1512). 1496 is fine for me.

Are you going to give us a new SR soon? Please advice.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 21 2014 5:34 PM

Kelvin Chiu:
It happens on release 5.2b Service Release 2 (5.2.2.1512). 1496 is fine for me.

What happens in 5.2b Service Release 2 (5.2.2.1512) if launch application to blank layout, followed by waiting two minutes before opening anything ?

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 78
Kelvin Chiu | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 21 2014 5:46 PM

Should we download the 5.2b SR2 (5.2.2.1512) now or wait until a new SR release?

Posts 8895
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 21 2014 6:02 PM

I would personally wait or, if you don't mind download and follow the fix mentione in this thread.

Posts 7978
LogosEmployee

Lee:
I'm going to be the bad guy and ask: does anyone at Logos actually test these programs as a user before the service releases go out the door?

Yes, 5.2b SR-2 was in testing when the crash (due to a bad metadata update) was discovered this morning.

When it passed testing, it was shipped before anyone asked "Have any other critical issues arisen since we prepared SR-2 that we should address before shipping?". This was an oversight on our part, for which I apologise.

Lee:
Maybe this would help to cut out those new showstopper bugs?

There was no new showstopper bug. There was a bug that's been in the program (since at least 5.0) that was triggered this morning by bad metadata. The crash would happen when you restarted the program, be it 5.2b SR-2, 5.2b SR-1, or 5.0. This was simply very bad timing.

Since we know we do want to fix the crash, I've pulled SR-2 back to avoid making you install back-to-back updates.

There are no known reasons to avoid installing SR-2 if you've got the time and bandwidth to download the update manually.

Posts 2465
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 21 2014 7:14 PM

Thanks for clarifying. Just so you understand, occasionally I have to field questions from the users who adopted Logos on my recommendation. I'm their unofficial "admin". So, this sort of mistake gives me shudders.

Page 1 of 2 (36 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS