Error on website: The Writings of the New Testament

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 18862
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Aug 22 2014 4:16 PM

The Writings of the New Testament is included in the Fortress Press New Testament Studies Bundle, but the product description page does not mention that. There is no "This title is included as a part of the following collections" section.

Posts 13392
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 31 2014 1:46 PM

Rosie Perera:

The Writings of the New Testament is included in the Fortress Press New Testament Studies Bundle, but the product description page does not mention that. There is no "This title is included as a part of the following collections" section.

That's because The Writings of the New Testament includes two resources (The Writings of the New Testament, and Writings of the New Testament Research Materials). The Fortress Press New Testament Studies Bundle includes the former, but not the latter. (I don't know whether it should or not.)

Posts 162
Reimar Vetne | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 31 2014 2:59 PM

An unrelated issue: Logos sells the 2nd edition of this book (from 2002), not the 3rd edition (from 2010).
www.amazon.com/Writings-Testament-Luke-Timothy-Johnson-ebook/dp/B004A16MN4/ref=la_B000APXUUC_1_1

Since this is used as a textbook in several colleges, it is really a pity that Logos and Fortress choose (for whatever reason) to wait so long to bring in the updated edition.

Posts 4
LogosEmployee
Josh Grantham | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 3 2014 12:59 PM

Hello Rosie!

Mark is correct, the Writings of the New Testament Research Materials resource is part of The Writings of the New Testament.  It was unintentionally left out of the Fortress Press New Testament Studies Bundle.

It has now been added to the collection, and the licenses have been updated for all the users who own the bundle to include the Writings of the New Testament Research Materials resource.  Thanks for catching that, Rosie!

Reimar, unfortunately, I do not have any information about the 3rd edition, sorry.

Josh Grantham

Marketing Assistant

Posts 2829
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 3 2014 1:53 PM

I just got my copy of "Writings of the New Testament Research Materials" downloaded automatically today, I presume because I bought the Fortress Press New Testament Studies Bundle. Curiously, it's date is 2002-08-08T19:04:44Z, and it is a Libronix 3 format, so it's old and old format. Is this correct?

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS