Hang problem

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 8
Theo Suds | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Aug 26 2014 10:50 AM

on 5.2.2.1512

OS X 10.9.4

Using the fastest mac mini I could get last year.  When I move up - down in the bible window with my mouse I now get a spinning icon for 5 to 15 secs. Does not do it all the time, maybe 3 times out of 5. Does not do it on a full page down with space bar.  This started about a month ago.

Will try to attach screenshot, did not catch spinning icon but it happens in the Bible Window.

Ted

Posts 27272
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 29 2014 7:27 AM

Hi Theo!

Several thoughts:

1. Why aren't you using L5? You should download the newest (free) engine and use it. See the link in my signature line.
  2. You should use the keyboard shortcuts built into Mac to create screen shots. Then use the paperclip icon to attach it to the post. See this website for more: http://www.take-a-screenshot.org/ 
  3. You didn't tell us what version of L4 you are using.
  4. You didnt post logs.

At this point, your best bet is really to update your software. If you still have troubles, please enable and post logs. See the link in my signature line for that as well. Smile

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 7923
LogosEmployee

alabama24:
Why aren't you using L5? ... You didn't tell us what version of L4 you are using.[

He is. Smile

Theo Suds:
on 5.2.2.1512

That's 5.2b SR-2, the latest version (https://wiki.logos.com/Logos_5_Release_Notes).

Posts 27272
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 29 2014 8:20 AM

Gotcha. I didn't even see that up there.

Theo - You should enable and post logs, and create a new thread in the L5 forum. This forum is "Logos 4" (old software) not "Logos for". There is no longer a "mac only" forum.

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 8
Theo Suds | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 29 2014 10:54 AM

I called support, it took a while but the problem was I had the Passage Guide linked to my open bible.  apparently on even a fast computer I.E 16M ram and a solid state drive, it cannot take it.  Unlinked and all works again..  Thanks for the heads up..

Ted

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS