Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 3914
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jan 5 2010 1:29 PM | Locked

This is a minor thing, but on the beta home page is this blurb:

under,"WELCOME TO LOGOS 4" is the following:

To get started on your Bible study, use the box just below the Logos Bible Software logo in the upper left. Enter a passage and click Go. It's that easy.
Or choose an interesting article here on the Home Page by clicking the headline. You can always return to the Home Page using the button in the upper left of the application. You'll find help and links to video tutorials on the help menu in the upper right; the menu looks like a question mark in a circle. Or press the F1 key for help at any time.
Press F9 for a verbal explanation of the screen.
Thank you for using Logos Bible Software!

The first "interesting article" I clicked on was the headline "welcome to Logos 4".  That took me to "My Account" page on Logos.com . . . and there was no button in the upper left of the application to take me back, lol.  Then I went to "It takes a log of coffee . . ." and that took me to a nice blog article, also with no button in the upper left . .

perhaps a little editing is needed.

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 5 2010 1:50 PM | Locked

Dan DeVilder:

This is a minor thing, but on the beta home page is this blurb:

under,"WELCOME TO LOGOS 4" is the following:

To get started on your Bible study, use the box just below the Logos Bible Software logo in the upper left. Enter a passage and click Go. It's that easy.
Or choose an interesting article here on the Home Page by clicking the headline. You can always return to the Home Page using the button in the upper left of the application. You'll find help and links to video tutorials on the help menu in the upper right; the menu looks like a question mark in a circle. Or press the F1 key for help at any time.
Press F9 for a verbal explanation of the screen.
Thank you for using Logos Bible Software!

The first "interesting article" I clicked on was the headline "welcome to Logos 4".  That took me to "My Account" page on Logos.com . . . and there was no button in the upper left of the application to take me back, lol.  Then I went to "It takes a log of coffee . . ." and that took me to a nice blog article, also with no button in the upper left . .

perhaps a little editing is needed.

Hi Dan,

When you click on the "Welcome to Logos 4!" headline, it opens your web browser to the "My Account" page at Logos.com. The direction to click on the button in the upper left is referring to the Home button on the Logos 4 toolbar, not in the web browser. However, that step could use a bit of a rewrite, because clicking the headline and opening the browser will cover the Logos 4 program, but not close the Home Page. You can click on the Logos 4 icon on the Taskbar to make that the active program again, and the Home Page will probably still be open.

(By the way, there isn't currently a beta version. 4.0b will probably be available soon for beta testing.)

Thanks!

Melissa

Posts 3914
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 5 2010 2:17 PM | Locked

Hi Melissa, yes, I was being a bit tongue in cheek, but trying to do so while attending to other stuff here, and i didn't do a good job of communicating that.  You have identified my main point: a rewrite would be in order because it only describes accurately what was in teh head of the person who wrote that, and not what they are actually describing.  In other words, there are several "titles/headlines" which to the avg. user will be ANY headline on the homepage.  But a few of those headlines will take them to several different places other than within their L4 environment.

And you are correct: it is the SR-2 that I see this.  I thought there was a beta, and I had clicked on the link to get it going, but the SR-2 seems to be the result.  I had just assumed it would be a "beta".  I had just done this yesterday or the day before.  I really don't know the difference between a beta, an SR, and the "regular" version . . .

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS