Bible Word Study "Example Uses" and "Grammatical Relationship"

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 295
Bob Soule | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Sep 1 2014 2:20 PM

Why do some hebrew language words an example use and grammatical relationship section for a bible word study? I don't have a customized bible word study where these sections are removed. 

Also, what resource(s) is/are needed for these sections to be available for greek words as well?

Posts 295
Bob Soule | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 1 2014 2:23 PM

That is

Why do some hebrew language words have an example use and grammatical relationship section for a bible word study and other words do not? I don't have a customized bible word study where these sections are removed.

Posts 26999
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 1 2014 9:34 PM

from the wiki:

Question: Why aren’t there any results in the Example Uses section even though my word is in the Bible?
Answer: Example Uses are drawn from the Grammatical Relationships section. The rules favor nouns over verbs and require enough similar example to build the simplified Example Uses section. Don’t expect any results for grammatical particles or uncommon words.

Question: Where is the Hebrew Grammatical Relationships information taken from?
Answer: The data comes from the The Hebrew Bible: Andersen-Forbes Analyzed Text (AFAT). Logos has created a database from this resource. See the left hand column of Logos Help | About Logos Bible Software | Bible Word Study.

see https://wiki.logos.com/Logos_5$3a_Bible_Word_Study#Example_Uses_section and https://wiki.logos.com/Logos_5$3a_Bible_Word_Study#Example_Uses_section

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 295
Bob Soule | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 2 2014 5:30 AM

MJ.

I figured I would not get results from uncommon words, but as an example in Psalm 1 doing a BWS on "wicked" from the ESV I don't get "Example Uses" or "Grammatical Relationship" sections:

Blessed is the man 

who walks not in the counsel of the wicked

nor stands in the way of sinners, 

nor sits in the seat of scoffers; 

And the Lemma occurs 263 times and I expected results, Do you get results for this?

Also, do you have know what resource is used for the new testament to get these sections?

Thanks

Posts 295
Bob Soule | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 2 2014 1:15 PM

It is working, I see the sections for wicked and other words as well.

Thanks

Posts 25096
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 3 2014 3:43 PM

Bob Soule:

It is working, I see the sections for wicked and other words as well.

Provided you select the lemma for the BWS!

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS