Logos has encountered a problem and needs to close

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 2
Richard Lee | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Sep 2 2014 10:50 AM

While reading a bible or a commentary I continue to receive an error message that tells me that the application needs to close. It does not occur while I am performing a single specific task. I am attempting to attach the log files for help.

Thanks

Rich Lee

Posts 26269
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 2 2014 12:44 PM

Welcome to the forums.

Looking at the error, I fear I'll have to leave it to someone more knowledgeable.

Error ID: 797
Error detail: AccessViolationException: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 24843
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 2 2014 3:46 PM

This is a difficult one to diagnose but you are getting many errors like:

Error    ResourceViewTracker    Error submitting records to web service

which indicate an error at Logos' end or with your ISP. This should be temporary.

The crash relates to protected memory in connection with this ResourceViewTracker.  So let me suggest that you:

• repair your installation of Logos Bible Software 4 in Add/Remove Programs (right click and select Repair)
  • delete the file C:\Documents and Settings\User\Local Settings\Application Data\Logos4\Documents\m1ugwzkg.4jc\ResourceViewRecordsManager\resourceviewrecords.db
  • restart Logos to recreate the file.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS