Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
This post has 1 Reply | 1 Follower

Posts 1
Secratery | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Sep 2 2014 2:57 PM

We used the backup/restore function last Sunday because we have had issues with the Proclaim freezing up right in the middle of the service and causing havoc. And I thought this function was supposed to be helpful when WiFi connection is unstable. Well, we encountered the same problem again even while using what was supposed to be the solution! During the middle of two separate songs Proclaim froze up and the congregation couldn't participate in the singing because the slides would not advance.

I like many of the features of Proclaim but if it continually fails to come thorough when we need it we will have to abandon it.

Any ideas, fixes? Please let us know! 

Posts 3501
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 2 2014 10:57 PM

Kurt E. Luebkeman:
We used the backup/restore function last Sunday because we have had issues with the Proclaim freezing up right in the middle of the service and causing havoc. And I thought this function was supposed to be helpful when WiFi connection is unstable. Well, we encountered the same problem again even while using what was supposed to be the solution! During the middle of two separate songs Proclaim froze up and the congregation couldn't participate in the singing because the slides would not advance.

I'm really sorry about this. There was a regression in the 1.24 version shipped last Monday (8/25). The bug could cause the application to hang when the connection to the internet was dropped or unavailable.

The backup/restore feature would help if you were unable to sync with our servers. It ensures you have a restorable local copy of all the data.

This issue has been resolved in the the 1.24.0.511 update shipped this evening. It is our goal to never have a bug like this and I sincerely apologize for the disruption this caused to your service. 

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS