Another Free Logos Book - The Letters of Charles Haddon Spurgeon

Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
This post has 14 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 1875
Paul-C | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Sep 4 2014 11:59 PM

https://m.facebook.com/LogosBaptist 

Use the above link, then scroll down to see the post containing the discount code.

Posts 1281
toughski | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 5 2014 12:43 AM

pretty much all of the "free" Logos giveaways I already have in my library.

Posts 4112
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 5 2014 5:15 AM

Thanks, I saw this last night on facebook, and figured I'd post about it today - but I see you beat me to it :)

L2 lvl4 (...) WORDsearch, L9

Posts 1801
Tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 5 2014 6:10 AM

Paul-C:

https://m.facebook.com/LogosBaptist 

Use the above link, then scroll down to see the post containing the discount code.

Thanks, I would have missed it!

www.hombrereformado.org  Solo a Dios la Gloria   Apoyo

Posts 8653
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 5 2014 6:35 AM

Heh, Thought I had already "liked" that page, guess I hadn't until now. Thanks for the heads up.

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 1586
John Kight | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 5 2014 6:37 AM

Yes

For book reviews and more visit sojotheo.com 

Posts 9396
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 5 2014 6:40 AM

Thanks.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 3770
Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 5 2014 6:55 AM

For those of you who have it, how would you describe the value of these letters? What use do you make of them?

Posts 116
Tanner Thetford | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 5 2014 7:08 AM

I must confess that I have not used them yet. However, these types of resources are the sort that I love to read out of interest and curiosity. I have read through some of Samuel Rutherford's letters and find them fascinating. It gives me insight and clarity about who these people were and how they lived their lives. Sometimes I act as though the theological giants of the past were perfectly sinless and never struggled with anything. I focus too much on their amazing ministries and contributions for the kingdom. These letters help me to see that they were human just like me, and that is encouraging and helpful.

I also occasionally find quotes I like to use in my sermons to help relate these men to my congregation. However they are found secondarily through my interested reading, not by simply looking for a good quote to use like some other resources.

Posts 4112
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 5 2014 7:09 AM

Its Spurgeon, and its free. How can one go wrong?

How many Christians have made such an impact on the world in the last couple hundred years? Greater insight into how he thought seems like an obvious benefit. I haven't opened it yet, but I can post an excerpt if you would like?

L2 lvl4 (...) WORDsearch, L9

Posts 3717
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 5 2014 9:16 AM

Thanks, Paul.

Grace & Peace,
Bill

MSI GF63 8RD, I-7 8850H, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GTX 1050Max
Samsung S9+, 64GB
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 6685
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 5 2014 9:28 AM

The Prince of Preachers. How can one go wrong. Big Smile

Lynden Williams Communications https://www.lyndenwilliams.net 

Posts 1743
Ken McGuire | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 5 2014 9:38 AM

To be totally honest, I fail to see why he is so popular - especially when he so strongly denies the gift that God gives in Baptism.

The Gospel is not ... a "new law," on the contrary, ... a "new life." - William Julius Mann

L8 Anglican, Lutheran and Orthodox Silver, Reformed Starter, Academic Essentials

L7 Lutheran Gold, Anglican Bronze

Posts 116
Tanner Thetford | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 5 2014 11:27 AM

Ken McGuire:

To be totally honest, I fail to see why he is so popular - especially when he so strongly denies the gift that God gives in Baptism.

I should probably leave this alone, as it and my response both likely belong on Christian Discourse. But I would like to say I completely disagree. Nobody preached or preaches like Spurgeon did. I love reading sermons, and he is definitely in my top 3 favorite preachers ever. He keeps me grounded and focused on what matters in sermons. I can tend to get too academically minded at times.

I'll also add that all truth is God's truth, and I am happy to learn it whoever is teaching it.

Posts 8653
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 5 2014 12:29 PM

Tanner Thetford:
as it and my response both likely belong on Christian Discourse.
Correct of course. Stick out tongue

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS