Accessing documents in Logos 5

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 2
Brendon Wahl | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Sep 6 2014 2:23 AM

Hi

I was hoping someone could help me out, I'm new to Logos but normally pretty good at working these things out myself. No luck so far on this one though!

I made new documents on an iPhone - these notes and highlighting synced to my iPad and to documents.logos.com but can't be seen on the desktop. Any changes on the desktop sync across all devices.

How do I get the desktop Logos 5 to download notes from documents.logos.com?

I've tried the good old "turn it off and on again" and clicked the sync button but still nothing.

If it helps, I'm running the latest version of Logos on all of my devices and I'm using OSX Logos 5.

thanks,

Brendon

Posts 13399
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 6 2014 2:39 AM

Hi Brendon,

Occasionally, your desktop can think it's synced something when that's not the case. Typing Sync Repair in the command box forces Logos to re-check that it has everything, and should hopefully sort things out for you. It will take several minutes to run.

Mark

Posts 25857
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 6 2014 2:48 AM

Brendon Wahl:
How do I get the desktop Logos 5 to download notes from documents.logos.com?

You can't. As long as your desktop is syncing normally, you need to look/post in the iphone/ipad forum for your notes sync issues to be addressed.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 23203
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 6 2014 2:54 AM

Hi Dave

Dave Hooton:
You can't. As long as your desktop is syncing normally, you need to look/post in the iphone/ipad forum for your notes sync issues to be addressed.

I think the issue as described is that mobile device sync is working but desktop sync isn't.

Or are you reading this differently?

EDIT: Sorry Dave - just reread and noted the comment about Desktop sync working fineEmbarrassed

Graham

Posts 23203
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 6 2014 3:09 AM

Hi Brendon - and welcome to the forums

Brendon Wahl:
I made new documents on an iPhone - these notes and highlighting synced to my iPad and to documents.logos.com but can't be seen on the desktop.

Just to check.

Are you saying that the documents don't appear in the Documents menu or that any associated notes / highlights aren't visible in your resources? If the latter, then it may be a visual filter setting.

Graham 

Posts 2
Brendon Wahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 6 2014 3:19 AM

Wow thanks so much guys for those fast replies. I should have posted hours ago!

The sync repair option sorted it out for me. Smile

To answer the other questions and to confirm for anyone in the future who has the same problem

- sync was working fine on my iOS devices and all notes and highlighting were uploading and downloading as they should.

-sync on the desktop was telling me that it was working; cycling through the process as per normal. Though it was in reality only uploading notes and highlighting to documents.logos.com but not downloading them and thus no changes or new notes made externally were appearing in the documents menu or within already visible notes.

Logos is looking like one of those options I should have got into years ago! So much to like!

Posts 23203
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 6 2014 3:44 AM

Brendon Wahl:
Logos is looking like one of those options I should have got into years ago! So much to like!

Absolutely

And please do feel free to post about any questions you have regarding the use of Logos software

There is normally someone around to helpSmile

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS