Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
This post has 12 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 3644
BillS | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jan 6 2010 5:29 PM | Locked
  1. In contrast to other beta testers, who report stellar speed improvement, my installation seems to have slowed down since B1 was installed. By the time I could post (don't have internet at work), B2 already released... now installed. Same problem introduced with B1.
    Symptoms:
    1. Black screen on startup. Logos main window borders are non-black, but rest of screen goes black. Top edge displays window error, "Unresponsive". Long wait until Logos is responsive. Whichever Logos window (I have floating windows in each saved layout) I click on,
    2. Click shortcut to another saved layout to change layouts. Same problem.
    3. Other programs are fine. Just Logos.
Posts 7905
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 6 2010 5:35 PM | Locked

Bill Stonebraker:

1. In contrast to other beta testers, who report stellar speed improvement, my installation seems to have slowed down since B1 was installed. By the time I could post (don't have internet at work), B2 already released... now installed. Same problem introduced with B1.
    IMO, this is a nuisance level problem.
    Symptoms:
    1. Black screen on startup. Logos main window borders are non-black, but rest of screen goes black. Long wait until Logos is responsive. Whichever Logos window (I have floating windows in each saved layout) I click on,
    2. Click shortcut to another saved layout to change layouts. Same problem.
    3. Other programs are fine. Just Logos.

1. Was it slow the very first time you ran it? Or have you imported lots of notes/highlighting, and it's been slow since then?
  2. Please provide some more details, e.g., what is the verse(s) you're running the Passage Guide on, which commentary isn't found?
  3. This will be fixed in Beta 3.

Posts 3644
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 6 2010 5:39 PM | Locked

Bradley Grainger:
Was it slow the very first time you ran it?

Yes, and every time.

Bradley Grainger:
Or have you imported lots of notes/highlighting, and it's been slow since then?

None. Don't use those features.

Bradley Grainger:
Please provide some more details, e.g., what is the verse(s) you're running the Passage Guide on, which commentary isn't found?

In work... edited this post to give me time to determine exactly that... have been working with Isaiah 62:1-5 this week. B1 had problems there. Intial results, B2 may not. Still checking & will give it its own post if I can give enough detail for you to replicate it.

THANKS so much for your QUICK response!

Posts 3644
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 6 2010 5:52 PM | Locked

Bradley Grainger:
Please provide some more details, e.g., what is the verse(s) you're running the Passage Guide on, which commentary isn't found?

B2 MPG & PG appear to be working correctly. Only missing commentaries should be (they're PBB's).

On speed issue, I get unresponsivle black screen after resizing Logos main window, too.

Posts 692
Otto S. Carroll | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 6 2010 11:24 PM | Locked

Beta 2 appears to be running slower on my system than Beta 1. I'm running the beta on a external hard drive (Win-7 / Fusion 3.0.1). Last night Beta 1 appeared to be faster than the 4.0a running on my internal hard drive.

I'm basing my impressions on things like how fast the system will open my favorite Bible from the command line, how fast results are displayed when I do a simple search of my entire library, etc.

15" rMBP 2.6 GHz i7 | 16 GB RAM | 1.0 TB Flash Drive | OS X 10.12.3 | Logos 7.0 (7.3.0.0062)

Posts 1621
SteveF | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 7 2010 9:04 AM | Locked

Otto S. Carroll:
Beta 2 appears to be running slower on my system than Beta 1.

I hope it is not due to the former old "Notes" being imported from L3.

They made my L3 run so slowly  that I rarely used them.

Steve

Regards, SteveF

Posts 1621
SteveF | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 7 2010 9:11 AM | Locked

Stephen Filyer:

This raises another question: Will there be an opportunity to "turn off" notes (like in L3) - especially if they appear to degrade speed performance?

AND in L3 we could select differing Note files,  to use/not use etc. Is this any longer an option.

These are JUST questions for factual information.

[Disclaimer: I rarely used the older L3 notes because they were just so...(you fill in your own word).]

Steve

Steve

Regards, SteveF

Posts 692
Otto S. Carroll | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 7 2010 10:07 AM | Locked

Stephen Filyer:

Otto S. Carroll:
Beta 2 appears to be running slower on my system than Beta 1.

Steve

Not in my case...I didn't import notes from L3.

15" rMBP 2.6 GHz i7 | 16 GB RAM | 1.0 TB Flash Drive | OS X 10.12.3 | Logos 7.0 (7.3.0.0062)

Posts 3644
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 7 2010 5:45 PM | Locked

Stephen Filyer:

Though I have notes, I haven't imported any...

Posts 692
Otto S. Carroll | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 8 2010 11:00 PM | Locked

For the last 12 hours Beta 2 appears to be running as fast as Beta 1 did on my system...

Posts 336
Icarus38376 | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 11 2010 12:38 PM | Locked

I have also found Beta 2 to be slow and unresponsive.  I have not even attempted anything with notes or importing notes.

Posts 24444
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 11 2010 1:45 PM | Locked

The Search resource pickers take longer to populate that in 4.0. It has been slower in 4.0a and now in 4.0b

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 12 2010 3:14 AM | Locked

I noticed two things:

1.) Logos is VERY sensitive to your "machine state" ...software configuration...it will be sluggish at the slightest provocation.

Example: I'm using an "imaging" sofware to "roll back" my laptop when necessary....I had installed Logos and it was screaming fast...all typing was responsive, searches were great....it was the dream install....that was 4a.

then, 4b came along and I took a snapshot of that....same thing...good performance.

Then I installed a few pieces of software and Logo's performance changed for the worse. The "lagging" that people were describing were now happening to me....

So I rolled it back...and sure enough...it's great again...along comes b2....same thing happens...

2.) I also noticed "in general" that the spinning pizza on the loading menus is getting worse accross the board with b2 and b3.

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS