Bug: Reference box doesn't track selection very well, which negatively impacts Copy Bible Verses

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 18670
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jan 7 2010 5:27 AM

4.0b Beta 2 (4.02.3.5022)

While dragging a selection around in a Bible window, the reference box at the top does not properly track the ending extent of the selection, often including more than what's really selected. If you then do Copy Bible Verses you'll be very surprised (and disappointed) at the results. I've made this video illustrating the problem, with CBV set to Follow so you can see it more dramatically. Watch both the reference box at the top and the preview in CBV on the right as I drag the selection up and down in the Bible window on the left.

Posts 403
777 | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 7 2010 6:10 AM

How did you get the CBV window to take up the right half of your screen?  If I open CBV with the Tools/Passage/Copy Bible Verses menu selection, I get a narrow CBV window that's docked to the right side of my screen - essentially the same as the Help window.  I cannot enlarge this window at all.

If I click on Float This Panel, then I can size the CBV window to any size I want to but when I click my mouse in the window with the Bible text, the floating CBV window floats away, and I have to click it on my taskbar to bring it back up and into focus.

I tried what you pointed out and I get the same result here trying to copy from the KJV to OpenOffice Write.  It generally goes to the end of the verse that I'm highlighting for copy - even if I don't want to copy the entire verse.

Posts 18670
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 7 2010 6:27 AM

MikeM:

How did you get the CBV window to take up the right half of your screen?  If I open CBV with the Tools/Passage/Copy Bible Verses menu selection, I get a narrow CBV window that's docked to the right side of my screen - essentially the same as the Help window.  I cannot enlarge this window at all.

I just clicked and dragged the tab from the docked area on the right and dropped it on the right half of my screen.

Posts 403
777 | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 7 2010 6:35 AM

Rosie Perera:

I just clicked and dragged the tab from the docked area on the right and dropped it on the right half of my screen.

YOU ROCK!

Posts 403
777 | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 7 2010 6:39 AM

This is a Kodak moment!  Thank you, Rosie!

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 2 2010 1:29 PM

Rosie Perera:
While dragging a selection around in a Bible window, the reference box at the top does not properly track the ending extent of the selection, often including more than what's really selected.

Sorry for the delay in responding to this post. The issue has now been reported. Thanks.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS