Logos 4 indexer crashed

Page 1 of 2 (21 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 20 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 34
Matt | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Sep 19 2014 10:08 PM

My indexer crashes every time I start up Logos. My ESV Bible disappeared from Logos and I have no search capabilities. (All searches of any kind come up empty with a warning message: "Some search results may be missing or incorrect while your library is being indexed." I have included my log files for reference. I have other issues that prevent me from downloading and upgrading to Logos 5 right now. Can anyone help me figure out how to fix this?

6180.Logos4IndexerCrash.txt

0257.Logos4IndexerError.log

Posts 21916
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 19 2014 11:39 PM

Hi Matt

Is there a logos.log file in the folder you uploaded the other logs from?

If not, please enable full diagnostic logging, try to start Logos again and upload logs as per https://www.logos.com/support/logos5/windows/problem 

Posts 24923
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 20 2014 3:40 AM

Once we get the compressed Logos Log Files folder as per the previous web link we can more accurately identify the faulty database.

For the long term with Logos 5 you will need SP1 for Windows 7 and if you could not do it successfully via Windows Update you will need the full installer from MS which is a large combined file for 32/64 bit Windows. I had to do it this way for my laptop but the download was half the size of what is now available!

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 34
Matt | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 21 2014 8:34 PM

Sorry for the delay in replying. FYI I am a missionary in Taiwan and 15 time zones ahead of Seattle. I feel crippled doing Sermon prep with limited Logos capability. Thanks in advance for helping.

Here is the logos log zip file:

6102.Logos Log Files.zip

Posts 34
Matt | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 21 2014 8:36 PM

In reply to Dave Hooten:  How do I find out if I currently have SP1?

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 21 2014 9:11 PM

Matt:
How do I find out if I currently have SP1?

If Windows 7 Service Pack 1 is installed, System Control Panel shows:

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 24923
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 22 2014 6:31 AM

Matt:
Here is the logos log zip file:

Delete C:\Users\Matthew Hanna\AppData\Local\Logos4\Data\i3qowfwb.ut5\ResourceManager\ReverseInterlinear\Discovered.db and restart Logos.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 24923
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 22 2014 6:38 AM

Matt:

In reply to Dave Hootoen:  How do I find out if I currently have SP1?

You don't have it! And the update would normally be offered by Windows Update. If you haven't seen it then you will have to download it from MS as per my previous post.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 34
Matt | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 22 2014 9:29 PM

Still no joy. I deleted the file and started Logos, but with the same result. I get the windows "Indexer has stopped working" message. I restarted a few times with no difference.

Here is a new set of log files created after this attempt:

8203.Logos Log Files2.zip

Posts 34
Matt | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 22 2014 9:31 PM

I will attempt the SP1 download/upgrade. I do want to move up to the Logos 5 engine. This takes me a step closer. I'll see if the SP1 update solves some of the other issues I'm having. Thanks for the info.

Posts 24923
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 22 2014 11:09 PM

Matt:
Here is a new set of log files created after this attempt:

TRy deleting C:\Users\Matthew Hanna\AppData\Local\Logos4\Data\i3qowfwb.ut5\ReverseInterlinearManager\ReverseInterlinearManager.db

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 8010
LogosEmployee

Dave Hooton:

TRy deleting C:\Users\Matthew Hanna\AppData\Local\Logos4\Data\i3qowfwb.ut5\ReverseInterlinearManager\ReverseInterlinearManager.db

That won't help; the problem is that a downloaded reverse interlinear is corrupted or unreadable. I'd strongly recommend updating to Logos 5; in the meantime, it may help to delete the following file (but I don't know for sure if it's the problem):

C:\Users\Matthew Hanna\AppData\Local\Logos4\Data\i3qowfwb.ut5\ResourceManager\Resources\ESVOT.lbsrvi

Posts 34
Matt | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 23 2014 7:41 AM

Sorry, Dave. Tried it and it still didn't work. I did install the SP1 Windows update successfully. It never occurred to me that I was missing a major update, since I was set to receive automatic updates. Afterward it appears that many of my computer issues have gone away (Just not the Logos issue!).

At this point should I just try to download and install the Logos 5 engine upgrade? Would that be a simpler go around for this problem?

Posts 8010
LogosEmployee

Matt:
At this point should I just try to download and install the Logos 5 engine upgrade?

Yes. https://www.logos.com/install 

Posts 34
Matt | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 23 2014 7:53 AM

Thanks Bradley,

Tried your suggestion, but still the same error message every time and indexer crashes. I guess my next try will be to download and install the Logos 5 engine upgrade. I will test drive my new Windows SP1 update for a few days to make sure everything is stable, then give it a whirl.

Posts 34
Matt | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 23 2014 9:57 PM

I've got good news and I've got bad news...

The good news is that I've successfully upgraded to Logos 5 engine. Haven't had much time to check it out, but visually it looks cleaner and crisper than 4.

The bad news is that I still have no index and no ESV Bible. I DID NOT get an error message on startup, But the ESV is still absent and all searches come up empty with the warning, "Some search results may be missing or incorrect while your library is being indexed."

I typed in the command "rebuild index" an icon appears in the taskbar, but then disappears. (I assume it has crashed since task manager shows no applications or processes related to the indexer running.

Here are me latest log files if anyone can help me. This should probably be taking place in the Logos 5 message board, but here we are...

7673.Logos Log Files3.zip

Posts 8010
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 23 2014 10:22 PM

You have at least one corrupt reverse interlinear (which is preventing many things on your system from working properly), but the logs many not be identifying which one it is properly. Try deleting these files:

• C:\Users\Matthew Hanna\AppData\Local\Logos4\Data\i3qowfwb.ut5\ResourceManager\Resources\ESVNT.lbsrvi
  • C:\Users\Matthew Hanna\AppData\Local\Logos4\Data\i3qowfwb.ut5\ResourceManager\Resources\ESVOT.lbsrvi

After doing that, and restarting, if the indexer doesn't crash, enter "update resources" in the command box at the top of the application to force a download of the files you're missing.

Posts 24923
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 24 2014 4:34 AM

Bradley Grainger (Faithlife):
That won't help; the problem is that a downloaded reverse interlinear is corrupted or unreadable.

Thanks, Bradley

I was going there next, but should have known it beforehand.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 24923
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 24 2014 4:37 AM

Matt:
It never occurred to me that I was missing a major update, since I was set to receive automatic updates. Afterward it appears that many of my computer issues have gone away (Just not the Logos issue!).

That's good, and with Bradley's help you'll have the latter resolved!

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 34
Matt | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 24 2014 8:54 PM

I'm up and running again. Issue solved.

I deleted the files Bradley suggested. On restart the indexer went to work and took about 3 hours to index. I typed the "reload" command and after the next startup it reloaded the missing resources.

My thanks to Dave, Bradley and the others who helped me resolve this issue.

God bless!

Page 1 of 2 (21 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS