Error: Logos Bible Software 4 has stopped working

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 2
Barbara Washington | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Sep 21 2014 11:38 AM

Every time I attempt to open Logos4 I receive the error below, then the dialog disappears without any further information.  I have tried to repair the software using Windows Programs, but the install stops working after a few seconds without explanation.  I also tried to update it by downloading the latest update from your site, but receive a message that Logos 4 is up-to date. Also, a log file is not created in the Logos Log File folder when it stops. I have contemplated uninstalling and reinstalling the software, but do not want to lose my personal content such as note files, passage files, etc.  Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Posts 1415
Wild Eagle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 21 2014 12:46 PM

You won't loose your personal info because files are sync to cloud. 

"No man is greater than his prayer life. The pastor who is not praying is playing; the people who are not praying are straying." Leonard Ravenhill 

Posts 1415
Wild Eagle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 21 2014 12:47 PM

i kind of wonder, why wouldnt you upgrade to Logos 5?

PS: here is the link for L5

https://www.logos.com/install I would try to upgrade before trying to reinstall. 

"No man is greater than his prayer life. The pastor who is not praying is playing; the people who are not praying are straying." Leonard Ravenhill 

Posts 21713
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 21 2014 3:28 PM

Hi Barbara and welcome to the forums 

Sorry to hear you are having problems.

Upgrading to Logos 5 might fix it but it would be good to see some logs.

Please check if logging is enabled as per https://www.logos.com/support/logos5/windows/problem 

Hopefully this will enable you to generate a Logos.log file. If so, please upload it to this thread

Graham

Posts 2
Barbara Washington | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 21 2014 7:02 PM

Thank you for your response. 

The problem was resolved by running windows update. I am not sure what caused the problem, but other software stopped working as well.  Regardless of the cause, I praise the Lord it is resolved. 

Thank you again for trying to help me resolve it.

Posts 21713
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 21 2014 11:19 PM

Hi Barbara

Barbara Washington:
The problem was resolved by running windows update

Glad to hear the problem has been resolved.

Now interested in the question Wild Eagle posed about using Logos 5. Any reason you haven't upgraded to the free Logos 5 core engine which resolves a number of issues and adds new functionality?

Graham

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS