Will Audio Books work offline?

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 472
Stephen McCracken | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Sep 23 2014 5:30 AM

https://www.logos.com/product/45380/audiobook-literature-collection?utm_source=personalized_mailings&utm_medium=email&utm_content=4768850&utm_campaign=promo-prepub2014

Will the audio books be downloadable so that they can be listened to off-line, for example when I am driving the car? Or is an internet connection always needed?

Posts 29925
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 23 2014 8:18 AM

I assume downloadable... at least to the mobile app. That is how the LEB audio book works. NOTE: The ESV audio book isn't available for download, but that is because the publisher offers it free for online usage.

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 107
Drew Hannay | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 23 2014 8:50 AM

alabama24:

I assume downloadable... at least to the mobile app. That is how the LEB audio book works. NOTE: The ESV audio book isn't available for download, but that is because the publisher offers it free for online usage.

This is correct. The mobile apps will let you download audio from audio books, usually on a chapter by chapter level (meaning, you can download just the audio for Chapter 1, or Chapter 2, etc, or all of them).  The same process works for resources containing videos. You can see the list of available "Media Downloads" by clicking the "info" button for the resource in your library on mobile.

As noted above, the one case where downloads won't be possible is if the publisher has explicitly stated the files are not allowed to be downloaded. In this case, the resource info screen should show a message stating that this is what's happening.

Posts 472
Stephen McCracken | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 23 2014 9:46 AM

Yes good to know. Thanks

Posts 782
David A Egolf | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 23 2014 10:12 AM

Drew Hannay:

This is correct. The mobile apps will let you download audio from audio books, usually on a chapter by chapter level (meaning, you can download just the audio for Chapter 1, or Chapter 2, etc, or all of them).  The same process works for resources containing videos. You can see the list of available "Media Downloads" by clicking the "info" button for the resource in your library on mobile.

Chapter by chapter works for me as long as the mobile player will seamlessly play from one chapter to the next without manual intervention.  I like to play audios while I am on long driving trips and I don't want to have to stop for each chapter break.

Posts 107
Drew Hannay | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 23 2014 11:25 AM

David A Egolf:

Chapter by chapter works for me as long as the mobile player will seamlessly play from one chapter to the next without manual intervention.  I like to play audios while I am on long driving trips and I don't want to have to stop for each chapter break.

Yes, this already works. If you're online, the mobile player will transition to the next audio file (chapter) regardless of whether it is downloaded or not. If you're offline, obviously, it can only transition to the next audio file (chapter) if that file is also downloaded.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS