New touch kindle and biblia.com

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 3685
Francis | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Sep 27 2014 3:47 AM

I saw a couple days ago that a new touch e-ink kindle has come out. One of my frustrations in the past when I owned a (non-touch) kindle was that though I could access biblia.com, it was really too cumbersome to use with the buttons. I am wondering if anybody has had a chance to test the new touch kindle with biblia and could give some feedback for those of us who are desperate to get a good e-ink solution for Logos?

Posts 8601
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 27 2014 5:40 AM

I've got a Kindle Paperwhite (first generation). It uses a touch screen, and may provide a useful comparison for you.

Using the kindle "experimental browser".

Arrival at www.biblia.com gives me a single resource view, that is to say the Bible opens up, for me the NASB95 (I'm already signed in).

The home, library, and search tabs are very small and require a bit of finesse in tapping the right one. 

I switched to the NET bible because it has a plethora of different types of footnotes.  Sadly, tapping the footnote does not jump to it, but they are at the bottom of the chapter.

Hebrew and Greek appears to show up alright. Even the points are in the right spot on Hebrew.

On the bottom of the page, the left / right navigators are not visible at the same time but a simple "stroke" on the page brings the one you want to see in view. 

Loading another book: The serpent of eden.

The linked verse references, do jump to my prefered bible translation, and a simple tap of the "Back" button returns me to my book.

Is there a specific question I can try to answer?

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 1129
Keith Larson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 27 2014 11:41 AM

I think TCBlack summed up the limitation of Biblia quite well.

If you have a color tablet, may I suggest a good quality anti-glare screen protector. I purchased one for my iPad mini from Moshi and it has taken away all the eye strain I was experiencing before. I rarely, use my Kindle Paperwhite any longer. The change has been so great that I doubt I will ever purchase a Kindle again. A year ago I was pretty down on the iPad and I was a real Kindle fan!

Posts 3685
Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 27 2014 12:39 PM

Keith Larson:
The change has been so great that I doubt I will ever purchase a Kindle again. A year ago I was pretty down on the iPad and I was a real Kindle fan!

But can you read comfortably in direct sunlight (outside) as well?

Posts 3685
Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 27 2014 12:39 PM

Keith Larson:
The change has been so great that I doubt I will ever purchase a Kindle again. A year ago I was pretty down on the iPad and I was a real Kindle fan!

But can you read comfortably in direct sunlight (outside) as well?

Posts 8601
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 27 2014 12:49 PM

With the kindle paperwhite, I can read comfortably outside.  

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 3685
Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 27 2014 2:21 PM

I know paperwhite reads comfortably outside; I was asking about Keith's tablet with its anti-glare screen.

Posts 1129
Keith Larson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 27 2014 4:49 PM

Yes. Outside is a problem. I typically enjoy doing other things outside more than reading, so it is not a factor for me. If you want to read outside e-ink is the way to go. 

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS