BDAG not being referenced when I right click on a greek word

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 37
Dan | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jan 8 2010 2:03 AM

When I right click ἐπιλύσεως to look up a word in my preferred resources (BDAG is included in this list) BDAG doesn't show up, nor does TDNT. When I "search entire library" I can find the word in BDAG. What's the problem?

Thanks,

Dan

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 8 2010 3:21 AM

Hey Dan,

Just a quick Q: Are you fully indexed?

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 8 2010 4:10 AM

ἐπιλύσεως is the inflected form of the word. The resources that show up when you right click are Analytical lexicons which show every inflected form a word. BDAG and TDNT will only list the word by is lexical form or lemma. To get at the lemma right click and then select lemma;

As you can see BDAG is at the top of my resources links once I click lemma. Alternatively, if you would have opened the analytical lexicon from the original right click menu it would have had the lexical form of the word and you could have used that to search BDAG.

Posts 37
Dan | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 8 2010 4:43 AM

Thanks! That was exactly the solution I needed --- "problem" solved

Posts 10744
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 8 2010 5:15 AM

dthornton@gmail.com:
When I right click ἐπιλύσεως to look up a word in my preferred resources (BDAG is included in this list) BDAG doesn't show up, nor does TDNT. When I "search entire library" I can find the word in BDAG. What's the problem?

The lexical form is ἐπίλυσις. You need to select Lemma from the right-click menu

EDIT: I don't know why Kevin's post did not show up before I posted this, but now you have the answer doubled.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS