Personal Book tagging

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 2
Mike Shaffer | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Sep 29 2014 5:20 PM

So I'm trying to add the Book of Jubilees, and ideally, I am trying to set it up like the Bibles are set up, that is that it is tagged as Jubilees 1:1, etc. I've tried [[@Pseudepigrapha:Jubilees 1:1]], which seems to mandate not only the pseudepigrapha setting, but Jubilees seems to be predefined as well, which is ok because it exists, but what if I want to add 5 Maccabees, then the datatype doesn't work.

Additionally, Even though I put [[@Pseudepigrapha:Jubilees 1:1]], It comes out as "The Book of Jubilees 1.1" with a period instead of a colon, and I can't just type Jubilees 1:1 into the search box as I could John 1:1.

Lastly, there is an intro in the translation pre-Chapter 1, which there seems to be no way to mark.

The other method I tried was [[@Headword: Jubilees 1:1]] but that works for chapters (i.e. Jubilees 1) but not verses.

So is there a way to get these to be added and behave similar to Bible books? Is there documentation somewhere on this that I am missing?

Posts 1599
Ken McGuire | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 29 2014 5:59 PM

I have tagged MANY personal books with various church fathers datatypes, and what I have learned is that while we CAN use the datatypes that already exist in Logos to make personal books a target, as well as show up as parallel passages, etc., but we CANNOT extend many of these (undocumented) datatypes.

They use whatever separator they have been defined (by logos) to use as a separator - usually a period, but sometimes a comma.  Some are defined in what chapters are ok (and seem to be an "enumerated type"), others seem to allow any integer as the "chapter" and "verse".

Maybe you can just use [[@Pseudepigrapha:Jubilees]] before the intro?  That way when a link wants to look at the whole thing, you see the intro first.  If the link wants a specific part, it will then go to that part...

The Gospel is not ... a "new law," on the contrary, ... a "new life." - William Julius Mann

Posts 2
Mike Shaffer | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 30 2014 7:16 AM

Thanks,

That was what I was afraid of. It's a fairly powerful feature but it's pretty limited if you can only really make it work right some of the time. Hopefully at some point it will see improvements and documentation.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS