In praise of a LEXHAM resource

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 855
Ron Corbett | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jan 8 2010 6:05 PM

First - Praise to the HOLY ONE who is worthy of all honor and glory!!!

Secondly ... Since I have made the shift (gratefully) to L4, there is a resource that dropped off my radar. Just yesterday I found myself remembering it. I opened it up and found so much there that I just want to commend it to those who may not have used it as yet.

It is the The Lexham Syntactic Greek New Testament: Expansions and Annotations. As yet, it is incomplete (therefore version 0.7) but already worth the entry fee.

[When this is finished (anyone know when this is projected?) my vote is to include it as a line item in the interlinears. It seems to include every word in each verse so why not have this info in the current interlinear mode?]

It will help those who want to grow in their understanding of word relationships in a given text. [I get no commissions for this, but here is the description from Logos' site.] I'm just glad to have found it again.

The Lexham SGNT: Expansions and Annotations

This resource is designed to convey relationships between words in a textual manner by providing text detailing each word’s positioning in the current clause, explaining its syntactic force, and listing the relationships the word has with other words in the clause.

The ability to move beyond the clausal outline and begin to identify how words interact with each other is significant. Linguistic relationships are often hard to define and therefore make analysis very difficult. The Expansions and Annotations section of the Lexham SGNT provides these details that help you move through this difficult task.

Posts 582
Gary O'Neal | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 8 2010 6:24 PM

I agree, Ron. This is a resource I find myself using quite often.

πάντα εἰς δόξαν θεοῦ ποιεῖτε

Posts 579
Jim VanSchoonhoven | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 8 2010 9:00 PM

It is a wonderful resource!

In Christ,

Jim

Posts 1371
LogosEmployee
Rick Brannan (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 8 2010 9:08 PM

Hi Ron.

Ron Corbett:
[When this is finished (anyone know when this is projected?) my vote is to include it as a line item in the interlinears. It seems to include every word in each verse so why not have this info in the current interlinear mode?]

I've recently (within the past week) received initial data for Luke and Acts, which means the only outstanding book is the gospel of John. Lots to do to get Luke/Acts processed, integrated, and updated; but the end just got a whole lot closer than it used to be.

You should be able to sync by verse with the interlinear or any other versified text. And make sure not to tell anyone what happens if you enable sympathetic highlighting with the Expansions and Annotations and highlight some Greek in a Greek text ... or reverse-interlinear'd English. Or what happens in an English reverse-interlinear'd NT  if you highlight the Greek headword in the Expansions and Annotations. (!!!)

Glad you find the Expansions and Annotations helpful.

Rick Brannan
Data Wrangler, Faithlife
My books in print

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 9 2010 6:21 AM

I must add my name to the list of satisfied users of this resource!

I don't believe I've ever really looked at it for any length of time, and considering my level of understanding of Greek syntax....it's a very useful resource!

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 73
Tom Bartzsch | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 9 2010 12:51 PM

Rick Brannan:

I've recently (within the past week) received initial data for Luke and Acts, which means the only outstanding book is the gospel of John. Lots to do to get Luke/Acts processed, integrated, and updated; but the end just got a whole lot closer than it used to be.

Hi Rick,

I just went and gave this a look after seeing these very informative posts. I don't have the gospel of Mark in mine (in addition to the 3 books you mention above). Do I somehow have an older version?

Thanks!

Tom

1 Cor 2:2

Posts 855
Ron Corbett | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 10 2010 10:31 AM

Rick wrote:

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks Rick,

I look forward to the day this is released. Smile

Posts 855
Ron Corbett | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 10 2010 10:49 AM

BTW - Rick, since you know about the work on this resource, do you know anything about the progress on the Lexham LXX interlinear [Isaiah]? Isn't that forthcoming (excuse the KJV language)?

Posts 352
Mike & Rachel Aubrey | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 10 2010 11:24 PM

Ron Corbett:

BTW - Rick, since you know about the work on this resource, do you know anything about the progress on the Lexham LXX interlinear [Isaiah]? Isn't that forthcoming (excuse the KJV language)?

I'm not Rick, but I can say that its finally coming to completion in the next several months, though after that, how long it will take to get the data process, edited, and what not, I couldn't say...

Posts 855
Ron Corbett | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 11 2010 1:54 AM

Thanks Mike,

That's good news.

Posts 1371
LogosEmployee
Rick Brannan (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 11 2010 8:53 PM

Hi Tom

Tom Bartzsch:
I just went and gave this a look after seeing these very informative posts. I don't have the gospel of Mark in mine (in addition to the 3 books you mention above). Do I somehow have an older version?

I don't believe we've released the build with Mark yet; had to work out some kinks. It was also preliminary data, and we received updates to Mark with Luke and Acts. The preliminary version might slip out, but an even better version will probably be there when Luke/Acts is released.

Rick Brannan
Data Wrangler, Faithlife
My books in print

Posts 1371
LogosEmployee
Rick Brannan (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 11 2010 8:56 PM

Hi Ron (and Mike)

Mike Aubrey:

Ron Corbett:

I'm not Rick, but I can say that its finally coming to completion in the next several months, though after that, how long it will take to get the data process, edited, and what not, I couldn't say...

I am Rick. On Isaiah, we actually had two separate contributors do pieces of Isaiah (one did 1-40, the other 41-66) and were waiting for the whole thing to be done before releasing any of Isaiah. We do have data for Isaiah (as well as lots of other stuff!) so hopefully one of the next releases will include this.

(yes, we are very busy these days; don't think we're slowing down just because Logos4 was released!)

Rick Brannan
Data Wrangler, Faithlife
My books in print

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS