New Feature: Send to Kindle

Page 2 of 14 (270 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
This post has 269 Replies | 17 Followers

Posts 8601
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 28 2014 4:41 AM

Triskal,

Once  you put a book on your kindle it behaves precisely like a book on your kindle. So yes, the notes and highlights you create on your kindle are accessible under <kindle>:\documents\my clippings.txt

As well as on the kindle website. https://kindle.amazon.com/your_highlights 

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 502
Randall Hartman | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 28 2014 5:01 AM

Triskal: indeed the highlights can be handled as any normal Kindle highlights.

Posts 58
Alan Gerling | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 28 2014 5:13 AM

Jonathan J Watson:

After linking your Kindle account information with your Logos account, 

How does one do this?  Not seeing the send to Kindle link.

Posts 8601
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 28 2014 6:13 AM

Alan Gerling:

The send to kindle capacity does not exist for every resource. For the most part it is resources that are available for the mobile platform.  

I have found that the implementation is now more hit than miss, but there are still gaps.

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 8076
LogosEmployee

Alan Gerling:

Jonathan J Watson:

See the first post in this thread: https://community.logos.com/forums/p/92620/642929.aspx#642929 

Posts 157
Donn Arms | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 28 2014 7:47 AM

TCBlack:
Can we take a look at your logs?

8737.Logos Log Files.zip

I have tried to send several books to Kindle but none end up going through to my Kindle account. Here is the log as I tried to send Spurgeon's "Clue to the Maze" I know my Kindle account is good as I am able to attach a document to an email to the same Kindle address and it works fine.

Posts 58
Alan Gerling | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 28 2014 8:24 AM

TCBlack:

Alan Gerling:

The send to kindle capacity does not exist for every resource. For the most part it is resources that are available for the mobile platform.  

I have found that the implementation is now more hit than miss, but there are still gaps.

Except I tried it with My Utmost for His Highest, and it still didn't show (figured I'd try with the example given).

Posts 8601
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 28 2014 8:44 AM

You are successfully sending kindle books. 

have you placed the logos address from the first post in your kindle accepted sender's list?

Check the Wiki

Posts 8601
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 28 2014 9:02 AM

Alan Gerling:

Except I tried it with My Utmost for His Highest, and it still didn't show (figured I'd try with the example given).

Logs? Screenshot?

Check the Wiki

Posts 785
Josh Hunt | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 28 2014 9:04 AM

Jonathan J Watson:

you lost me on this line

Posts 58
Alan Gerling | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 28 2014 9:13 AM

TCBlack:

Alan Gerling:

Logs? Screenshot?

Not sure how helpful that is.  As you can see, the option isn't there.  I've tried several books, dug through preferences both in Logos and online, and nary a mention of Kindle in sight.

Posts 3938
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 28 2014 9:16 AM

What version of Logos are you using? 6 or 5?

Its only supported on 5 in the beta, but it should work on the production version of 6.

L2 lvl4, L3 Scholars, L4 Scholars, L5 Platinum,  L6 Collectors. L7 Baptist Portfolio. L8 Baptist Platinum.

Posts 58
Alan Gerling | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 28 2014 9:21 AM

abondservant:

What version of Logos are you using? 6 or 5?

Its only supported on 5 in the beta, but it should work on the production version of 6.

Posts 3938
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 28 2014 9:28 AM

Hmm it works for me on both L5.3 and L6.

L2 lvl4, L3 Scholars, L4 Scholars, L5 Platinum,  L6 Collectors. L7 Baptist Portfolio. L8 Baptist Platinum.

Posts 157
Donn Arms | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 28 2014 9:28 AM

TCBlack:
have you placed the logos address from the first post in your kindle accepted sender's list?

Doah! (slap forehead) Done, it works! Thanks to the acute forum participants who are patient with the obtuse.

Posts 8601
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 28 2014 9:30 AM

Josh Hunt:

Jonathan J Watson:

you lost me on this line

Follow the steps in the first post by typing set kindle to blahblahwhateverblah.

Check the Wiki

Posts 58
Alan Gerling | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 28 2014 9:30 AM

Does it need to be a fresh installation?  I just upgraded.

Posts 8601
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 28 2014 9:33 AM

Alan Gerling:
Not sure how helpful that is.  As you can see, the option isn't there.  I've tried several books, dug through preferences both in Logos and online, and nary a mention of Kindle in sight.

I was going to test this and suddenly realized I can't, I'm working offline.  Then I realized that could be your issue.Are you offline right now?

If you're online, let's try some logs too. Please enable Logging (http://wiki.logos.com/Diagnostic_Logging ), replicate the problem, but do not restart Logos until you've moved or uploaded your logs. (Logos rewrites logs when it starts). 

Check the Wiki

Posts 8601
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 28 2014 9:33 AM

Donn Arms:
Doah! (slap forehead)
It's gonna get flat like mine if you keep doing that. :-)

Check the Wiki

Posts 58
Alan Gerling | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 28 2014 9:40 AM

TCBlack:

Alan Gerling:

I was going to test this and suddenly realized I can't, I'm working offline.  Then I realized that could be your issue.Are you offline right now?

If you're online, let's try some logs too. Please enable Logging (http://wiki.logos.com/Diagnostic_Logging ), replicate the problem, but do not restart Logos until you've moved or uploaded your logs. (Logos rewrites logs when it starts). 

I am online.  Here are the log files (I hope Geeked)3630.Logos Log Files.zip

Page 2 of 14 (270 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS