Logos 6 comparison

Page 1 of 2 (26 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 25 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 468
Charlene | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Oct 27 2014 11:21 AM

Does anyone happen to have a PDF of the comparison of the different packages? I have Diamond Logos 5, but if I "upgrade" to Logos 6 it is almost $1000! Way too much! So, I need to evaluate is it worth it to upgrade and if so, which package to get. BUT since the website is not working, I was hoping someone had a PDF of the comparison between the packages.

Thanks!

Charlene

Posts 943
Everett Headley | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 27 2014 11:36 AM

After what little comparing I could do for the Reformed versions, I don't see much difference other than a simple crossgrade, going from Platinum to Platinum.  However, I would wait a day or so to see what is actually going on and is in each package before making a decision.  I am leaning towards a minimal crossgrade.

Posts 4662
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 27 2014 12:09 PM

Charlene:

Does anyone happen to have a PDF of the comparison of the different packages? I have Diamond Logos 5, but if I "upgrade" to Logos 6 it is almost $1000! Way too much! So, I need to evaluate is it worth it to upgrade and if so, which package to get. BUT since the website is not working, I was hoping someone had a PDF of the comparison between the packages.

Thanks!

If you are satisfied with the resources you currently have then consider one of the cross grade options. Many of the new datasets and capabilities they give you are awesome. 

Posts 6489
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 27 2014 12:09 PM

Charlene:

Thanks!

Try another browser where you are not signed in. https://www.logos.com/compare 

Everything ever written in Religion and Theology formatted for Logos Bible Software.Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 468
Charlene | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 27 2014 12:14 PM

Lynden Williams:

Been there...done that!  Logos.com is just not working. That is why I was hoping someone had a PDF

Charlene

Posts 2038
Unix | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 27 2014 12:16 PM

Doesn't work right now, tried with Firefox 33 (which is now downloading 3MB update to the browser). But anyhow, I'm against base-packages:

Lynden Williams:

Aply!
trulyergonomic.com 6,200own
12G A9-9420 V8.6 Acc 11
d:'13Q3 12G

Posts 4662
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 27 2014 12:18 PM

Charlene:
Been there...done that!  Logos.com is just not working.

It's pretty clear all the traffic has overwhelmed the servers. Logos (oops...Faithlife) has said they are working on the issues. I am sure they will get it worked out soon. After all it's not a government websiteWink 

Posts 6489
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 27 2014 12:25 PM

Charlene:

Lynden Williams:

Been there...done that!  Logos.com is just not working. That is why I was hoping someone had a PDF

I can access it now working offline.

Everything ever written in Religion and Theology formatted for Logos Bible Software.Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 9018
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 27 2014 12:55 PM

Fredc:
It's pretty clear all the traffic has overwhelmed the servers. Logos (oops...Faithlife) has said they are working on the issues. I am sure they will get it worked out soon.

I'm confident of this too. We just need to be patient.

Fredc:
After all it's not a government websiteWink 

I think they are worse. Smile

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 468
Charlene | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 27 2014 2:24 PM

Folks, I understand about needing to be patient. I have been with Logos since CDWord. I've been a beta tester. BUT all I asked is if someone has a PDF of the comparison between packages. So, there is no need to respond, unless you have one, please. Thanks!

Charlene

Posts 3938
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 27 2014 2:29 PM

I don't think anyone has such an animal.

A few of us maintain a google doc spreadsheet that would normally allow you to make such a comparison, but because of the outages I don't think any progress has been made on it. None that I've seen any way.

L2 lvl4, L3 Scholars, L4 Scholars, L5 Platinum,  L6 Collectors. L7 Baptist Portfolio. L8 Baptist Platinum.

Posts 8
Jim Manner | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 27 2014 5:56 PM

Charlene,

First:  I don't have a PDF. Sorry.

Second: The earlier post is correct. If you have a browser in which you aren't logged in to Logos, you can access the comparison page. I just tried it twice and was able to compare the different versions. Once I tried my browser in which I am logged into my account, it doesn't work. 

If you are logged in, try downloading another browser -- Firefox, Google Chrome, etc. -- and then go to: https://www.logos.com/compare

Blessings!

Posts 8
Jim Manner | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 27 2014 5:59 PM

Another suggestion for everyone hungry to see the new features in Logos 6: Go to YouTube and search for Logos 6. They have a bunch of videos that show some of the news features. I've been watching a bunch of them to check it out!

Posts 468
Charlene | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 27 2014 6:15 PM

Jim Manner:

Second: The earlier post is correct. If you have a browser in which you aren't logged in to Logos, you can access the comparison page. I just tried it twice and was able to compare the different versions. Once I tried my browser in which I am logged into my account, it doesn't work. 

If you are logged in, try downloading another browser -- Firefox, Google Chrome, etc. -- and then go to: https://www.logos.com/compare

I have been trying and have yet to be able to get logos.com to come up correctly. If my browser is IE, then I get the message "Do you want to open or save www.logos.com/ from logos.com?" In other words, it is acting as if logos.com is a document, which is indeed strange!

If my browser is Firefox, I get "Logos 6 is here. Order now at 1-888-875-9491" I don't want to order yet, as I need to see the comparisons, to see which one I can afford.

So, as of yet, I am unable to see it.

Charlene

Posts 3938
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 27 2014 6:36 PM

Google chrome incognito, or else hard reset on Firefox.

L2 lvl4, L3 Scholars, L4 Scholars, L5 Platinum,  L6 Collectors. L7 Baptist Portfolio. L8 Baptist Platinum.

Posts 2092
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 27 2014 7:14 PM

Patience is fine, but we are excited!  Nothing beats a good panic! For panic, I think this is runner up to the L5 release.  

And a good time was had by all.... 

Posts 701
ChelseaFC | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 27 2014 7:20 PM

Thanks Jim. It worked for me.

Cheers,

ChelseaFC

Chelsea FC- Today is a good day!

Posts 3938
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 27 2014 7:21 PM

I remember the l5 release. Three or four days after having bought and paid for l4. I didn't know anything, people were panicking, losing this, not getting that whine whine whine cry cry cry.

it was all quite unsettling. I eventually had a chat with an mvp (st? or else mark b) and he sorted me out, and explained I wouldn't lose anything, that my l4 Bp was better in some ways (commentaries) than the equivalent l5 package. this is nothing compared to that. They've done a much better job sorting things out, and explaining things. Chaotic still? A little bit. But nothing like l5. 

Posts 9018
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 27 2014 7:57 PM

I think that there is now a new Logos 6 website landing page. At the bottom it says "Compare Base Package Content". It is the only item on the page that seems to have an active link but below is the screenshot that I get when choosing that link. It is kind of strange that it leads to a document that requires permission to access.

Edit: It is now working. Smile

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 1839
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 27 2014 8:01 PM

Charlene:

Thanks!

We've got a basic comparison chart in a Google spreadsheet. It hasn't be vetted for 100% accuracy (which we'll try to do soon), but it should give you enough to get a feel for the standard packages and the crossgrades.

Page 1 of 2 (26 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS