Introductory discounts

Page 1 of 1 (16 items)
This post has 15 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 808
Kevin Maples | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Oct 28 2014 6:29 AM

Does anyone know when the 15% off introductory discounts for Logos 6 base packages will end? I would like to wait until January to make a purchase. 

Posts 3065
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 28 2014 6:32 AM

Kevin Maples:

Does anyone know when the 15% off introductory discounts for Logos 6 base packages will end? I would like to wait until January to make a purchase. 

Historically they don't tell us.

Teacher, Ministry Leader, Student, Author, Husband

How to upload logs

Visit My Site: Reformed Truths

Posts 786
Josh Hunt | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 28 2014 6:36 AM

There are always sales at Logos

Posts 1129
Keith Larson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 28 2014 6:40 AM

Josh Hunt:

I second that. Don't let marketing hype pressure you into making a purchase you are not ready for. I didn't count up the weeks, but it was my general impression the L5 was "on sale" more often than not during its lifetime.

Posts 3065
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 28 2014 6:43 AM

Keith Larson:

Josh Hunt:

I second that. Don't let marketing hype pressure you into making a purchase you are not ready for. I didn't count up the weeks, but it was my general impression the L5 was "on sale" more often than not during its lifetime.

Good point!

Teacher, Ministry Leader, Student, Author, Husband

How to upload logs

Visit My Site: Reformed Truths

Posts 591
Rayner | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 28 2014 8:07 AM

I strongly agree.  I was fortunate to be able to upgrade my Logos 5 package to Logos 6 for nothing because I only just bought it.  However, the Sales person pushed (presumably because they don't get commission on a $0 sale) and advised me to upgrade the next package up.  It made no sense to me because I'm only interested in commentaries so I don't care about getting an extra 9,000 extra resources unless they're commentaries and the next level for me offered only one additional small commentary set.  I realise Logos are a company and need to make profit as all companies do, but I've found that the sales pitches are quite strong and would advise others to really think about the extras you need.

Posts 2091
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 28 2014 8:43 AM

Depends on the salesperson.  I have both experienced ends of the spectrum.  I bought from the nice one.  

If the fantastic sale you want isn't presently being held, then know your prices & call your sales rep.  Chances are very very good.  If you get pressured, hang up and try another rep.

Posts 2091
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 28 2014 9:06 AM

While I have the mic, I want to fuss a little.  

Why the strong dis-incentive to spend more on Base Packages?

Here's my Savings deals:

Collectors     42%

Portfolio         61%

Diamond       68%

Platinum       74%

Gold              80%

Silver            83%

Starter          83%

Posts 13372
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 28 2014 9:12 AM

Gao Lu:
Why the strong dis-incentive to spend more on Base Packages?

The savings percentage you're seeing is your dynamic pricing discount, not the total discount on individual products. So because you own less of Collectors, you percentage dynamic pricing discount is lower.

I went through and calculated the actual discount of every base package (i.e. the price of the package versus the cost of buying the resources individually). Every base package apart from the crossgrades is discounted by around 90%. There's very little variation (the range is 89.2% to 92.9%, but almost all are in the 90-91% range).

Posts 3938
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 28 2014 9:32 AM

I was thinking about calculating the cost per volume (not resource). Wonder if you've done that already Mark?

L2 lvl4, L3 Scholars, L4 Scholars, L5 Platinum,  L6 Collectors. L7 Baptist Portfolio. L8 Baptist Platinum.

Posts 623
Stephen Steele | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 28 2014 10:18 AM

As others have said, I would imagine it will be fairly easy to get Logos 6 at 15% off throughout most of its lifetime - however it would be good to know when the introductory discount ended to be able to take advantage of the Introductory Offer before it does. I too would hope it lasts till Jan!

Posts 1001
Mike Pettit | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 28 2014 10:30 AM

Most sales give money off new packages, not upgrades so the 15% off upgrades is actually not that common.

Posts 2091
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 28 2014 3:13 PM

Thanks, Mark.  That clears up the mystery.  

Posts 643
Into Grace | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 28 2014 3:28 PM
Is the introdution discout (15%) only for new customers? If not, how do I know this discount is included in the dynamic price? Thanks!
Posts 89
LogosEmployee
Sherri Huleatt | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 28 2014 3:52 PM

The 15% introductory discount is for both new users and upgraders. If you're an upgrader, you'll get 15% off on top of your Dynamic Pricing discount (this automatically factors into your final price).

We're also offering unique perks during our launch period! If you spend at least $500 on your Logos 6 purchase, you qualify for special gifts. The more you spend, the more you'll get! 

Posts 643
Into Grace | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 28 2014 3:56 PM
Thanks Sherri!
Page 1 of 1 (16 items) | RSS