Thanks for this new Logos 6

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 95
Jack Nørdam | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Oct 29 2014 2:00 AM

I'm really thrilled about all the new features, although I have to learn and find them first Smile

I have some questions:

• Will the 'propositional outline' also be available for the OT?
  • The Narrative Character Maps seems not to have that many Characters yet. Will there be more?

And last: I saw a cool feature in one of your videos, but can't find it myself: He mentioned 'label entry' and something about highlighting style of 'command.' It looks cool, but where is it?

Thanks for helping.

Posts 33843
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 29 2014 2:03 AM

OT = maybe

Narrative character map - yes

Labels - in notes

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 25352
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 29 2014 2:22 AM

And see https://community.logos.com/forums/t/92624.aspx for more information about labels

Posts 135
LogosEmployee

Here is Sean Boisen's reply about propositional outlines for the Old Testament on another thread: https://community.logos.com/forums/p/92621/645655.aspx#645655

Posts 1721
LogosEmployee
Bob Pritchett | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 29 2014 10:34 AM

Jack Nørdam:

• Will the 'propositional outline' also be available for the OT?
  • The Narrative Character Maps seems not to have that many Characters yet. Will there be more?

You can help answer this by telling us what's important... what's most useful? What do you want to see more of first?

Posts 95
Jack Nørdam | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 29 2014 3:34 PM

Oh, that’s a hard question. I like many of the new features, they somehow convinced me to upgrade to L6. I find propositional outline important. On the other hand, I really love visualizations, and the Narrative Character Map was a big and happy surprise; I didn’t know anything about that feature.

Some of the other tools are also very helpful in the bible study and preparation for a sermon, but should I point one out it would be ‘the Psalms explorer’. It’s a joy for the eye and makes me want to dive into studying the Psalms some more. I think it’s my favorite at the moment.     

Hope it is of any help.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS