Bug with set update channel

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 13411
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Oct 29 2014 3:15 PM

After being on the beta I didn't get the SR-1 update, so I set update channel to default, but still didn't get me the download (no updates were found). I had to set update channel to random then set update channel to default for it to work.

RCs (which is what I was using) should default to stable. Has that changed?

Posts 150
LogosEmployee
Todd White (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 29 2014 3:18 PM

Nothing has changed that I'm aware of and the fix seems a bit unexpected. If you had logs we could dig into it a bit more.

Posts 2089
Randy W. Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 29 2014 3:19 PM

This happened when I installed 6. Had to set it to "stable". I did an Update now when SR1 was released and it didn't download. I set it to stable again and it downloaded.

Posts 30191
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 29 2014 3:25 PM

I have two installations Verbum and Logos - one the update worked, the other didn't FWIW

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 1875
Alan Macgregor | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 29 2014 3:27 PM

I had reset to default yesterday. Downloaded SR-1 without any problem when I opened my program this evening.

Every blessing

Alan

iMac Retina 5K, 27": 3.6GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9; 16GB RAM;MacOS 10.15.5; 1TB SSD; Logos 8

MacBook Air 13.3": 1.8GHz; 4GB RAM; MacOS 10.13.6; 256GB SSD; Logos 8

iPad Pro 32GB WiFi iOS 13.5.1

iPhone 8+ 64GB iOS 13.5.1

Posts 13411
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 29 2014 3:29 PM

Todd White (Faithlife):
Nothing has changed that I'm aware of and the fix seems a bit unexpected.

Todd White (Faithlife):
If you had logs we could dig into it a bit more.

Sorry, I've restarted since.

Posts 2089
Randy W. Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 29 2014 3:36 PM

Let me revise my statement above.

On my desktop, from 5.3 beta, I upgraded by running the setup from the link in the confirmation email. Some time after SR1 was released I ran "update now" which did not find the update. I then set update channel to stable and it downloaded and installed.

On my tablet, from 5.3 beta, I upgraded by running "set update channel to stable", and when I ran "update now" it downloaded and installed the update.

Sorry for the misstatement, I confused the two.

Posts 4112
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 29 2014 3:51 PM

Attempting this on my machine.

Set update channel to default.

Its checking for updates.

Found a 98.3mb download - so it looks like its working for me. will report back.

Update failed. Got the .net installation error. Though I should have it already from having 6 installed.

Restarted, and it was no better. Re-downloading the update.

L2 lvl4 (...) WORDsearch, L9

Posts 4112
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 29 2014 4:01 PM

Browsed to the MSI package, kicked off an install of just that, which I presume bypassed the pre-req check, and it installed just fine.

Here are the only logs I have with todays date:

3755.LogosError.zip

L2 lvl4 (...) WORDsearch, L9

Posts 13411
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 29 2014 4:25 PM

abondservant:
Update failed. Got the .net installation error. Though I should have it already from having 6 installed.

Had you rebooted since installing 6? You have to reboot after installing .net, otherwise you get an error similar to the one you're describing.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS