Opening Up Commentary Series in Base Packages

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 111
Richard Wilson | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Oct 30 2014 7:02 AM

I was just wondering:

Why do the Reformed and SDA packages contain the 37 volume version of the Opening Up Commentary Series, but the Standard, Baptist and Chaplain's packages the 40 volume version? Was it just an oversight? Whilst searching the Logos site for "opening up commentary" does give an entry for the 37 volume version, it has no price and redirects to the 40 volume version.

Posts 5615
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 1 2014 7:34 AM

I was wondering this too.  The difference is 1 Samuel, Isaiah, and Revelation.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 4727
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 1 2014 7:46 AM

There was another thread earlier this week that said the reformed package had some issues regarding licenses. They know about the problem and were working on it. I don't know if that has anything to do with this or not.

Posts 9118
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 1 2014 7:47 AM

I'm interested, too, because I upgraded the Chaplain's package on Tuesday and have only 37 volumes of the Opening Up series, yet the description shows 40 volumes and says that I'm need to pay $23.04 for those volumes.

I know Logos did not account for all the package contents on launch day. I think they need to explain this one. I don't have a screen shot of what I was supposed to get on Tuesday.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 2764
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 1 2014 7:57 AM

There is definitely something wrong. The website description for the 40 vol. states that it is only available in Baptist Diamond and Collectors.

https://www.logos.com/product/45137/opening-up-commentary-series

Posts 2764
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 1 2014 8:08 AM

This one states that the 37 vol is available in Bronze.

https://www.logos.com/product/43533/reformed-bronze

This one states the 40 vol is in Chaplains.

https://www.logos.com/product/43565/chaplains-library

I'm pretty sure Logos will work this out early next week to eliminate the growing confusion. :-).

Posts 5615
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 4 2014 9:23 AM

MusicBump to the top...Music

Gabe? Faithlife?  any updates?

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 796
LogosEmployee
Gabe Martini (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 4 2014 4:53 PM

Sorry for the confusion, everyone.

Essentially, the 40 volume edition of this set is available in Baptist Diamond and Collector's Edition. We chose to leave the 37 volume edition in other packages (such as Reformed) in order to make room for resources more central / important to those packages.

If you've seen something other than the above represented on the website, please let me know or contact Customer Service, and we'd be happy to make things right.

Product Department Manager
Faithlife

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS