Logos will not open

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 118
Ted Harms | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Nov 1 2014 8:27 AM

I am still running Windows XP and Logos 4. This problem just started. When I close Logos 4 it does not sync when I close the program or when I purchase new books. Then it will not reopen.  When I look in the process manager it shows Logos 4 still running. If I close it there I can then open the program. I checked the system settings and auto update is checked yes.

Posts 5564
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 1 2014 8:38 AM

Ted Harms:
When I look in the process manager it shows Logos 4 still running. If I close it there I can then open the program. I checked the system settings and auto update is checked yes.

So you can open Logos? or you can't open Logos?

I'm not sure I understand what you're asking. It seems you figured out how to open Logos, but the title of your thread is "Logos will not open."

What did I miss?

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 118
Ted Harms | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 1 2014 8:51 AM

Sorry for the confusion. On a fresh boot of the computer Logos 4 will open. However when I then close it it will not reopen at all. If I go to the computer "Process Manager" I see an entry for Logos4.exe. If I terminate this process the program will then open. When it does open, however, it will not Auto update when I purchase new books or sync when it shuts down. Thanks so much for your help!

Posts 5564
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 1 2014 9:09 AM

Ted Harms:

Sorry for the confusion. On a fresh boot of the computer Logos 4 will open. However when I then close it it will not reopen at all. If I go to the computer "Process Manager" I see an entry for Logos4.exe. If I terminate this process the program will then open. When it does open, however, it will not Auto update when I purchase new books or sync when it shuts down. Thanks so much for your help!

Okay. This may be out of my league, but there are a couple of simple things to rule out.

First, look at your program settings, did you disable "Use Internet," or "Automaticially Download Updates," or set Logos to "Download Between" certain times?

Second, is it possible your firewall, or antivirus is blocking Logos from accessing the internet?

If neither of those is to blame, the only other thing I can think of is to go to Control Panel > Programs, click on Logos and choose "Repair" (if offered - it should be).

Maybe someone else here has some other ideas. I've not used either Logos4 nor XP for a long time.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 24571
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 2 2014 10:35 PM

Ted Harms:
Sorry for the confusion. On a fresh boot of the computer Logos 4 will open. However when I then close it it will not reopen at all. If I go to the computer "Process Manager" I see an entry for Logos4.exe. If I terminate this process the program will then open. When it does open, however, it will not Auto update when I purchase new books or sync when it shuts down.

If the issue remains after trying the above suggestions we need to look at logs. Enable permanent logging as per the wiki and start Logos. Let it run for a while and then shut it down + upload the log file folder before you restart Logos.

We may also need to see the Windows Event log for .NET after a failure to start Logos 4

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS