Logos 6 Wrong Choice

Page 1 of 3 (48 items) 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 47 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 10
Beverly Flowers | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Nov 2 2014 12:28 PM

I just purchased the Chaplain's Logos 6 edition out of error.  How can this be resolved?  I do not like the Home Page for Logos 6.  I have to scroll to find everything.  I'm a Logos 5 Silver user and loved my Home Page Newspaper Layout  with everything in clear view.  Can Logos 6 provide the same Home Page Layout as Logos 5 ?  Or how can I layout Logos 6 Home Page to look the same as my Logos 5 Home Page ?

Thanks.  Looking forward to your response.

Blessings

Posts 2038
Unix | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 2 2014 12:31 PM

You can adjust the content of the homepage. I'm installing L6 right now so I can't confirm this, but I would think You go to the lower left corner to find the settings for the homepage, there's a gearwheel. EDIT: just opened L6, the gearwheel is at the upper right corner.

Aply!
trulyergonomic.com 6,200own
12G A9-9420 V8.6 Acc 11
d:'13Q3 12G

Posts 9396
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 2 2014 12:32 PM

Beverly Flowers:
I just purchased the Chaplain's Logos 6 edition out of error.  How can this be resolved?  I do not like the Home Page for Logos 6.  I have to scroll to find everything.  I'm a Logos 5 Silver user and loved my Home Page Newspaper Layout  with everything in clear view.  Can Logos 6 provide the same Home Page Layout as Logos 5 ?  Or how can I layout Logos 6 Home Page to look the same as my Logos 5 Home Page ?

A lot of questions, there, Beverly. Let's see how I can do.

Contact Logos Sales to cancel the Chaplain's library mistake.

The main body of the Home Page cannot be altered, except by adding or removing things you do and don't want to see, just as in Logos 5. (I think that answers your other questions.)

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 10
Beverly Flowers | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 2 2014 12:37 PM

Thanks so much. I will contact sales.  As for Home page Layout for Logos 6, It completely deleted my Home Page Layout for Logos 5 which I enjoy that Newspaper look.  When I add items, I only get the two columns and have to scroll up or down to find anything that was added.  Not like in Logos 5 when my devotionals, Lectionary, Vysro and other readings were all layed out across one page and at the bottom I could go to page 2 just like reading a newspaper.  I'm wanting that feature should I upgrade to Logos 6

Posts 10
Beverly Flowers | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 2 2014 12:45 PM

Thanks for your response to Wrong Choice.  Please Post and let me know how your homepage turned out when you're done downloading Logos 6.

I would like to know if your Homepage continues to appear in the Newspaper format as in Logos 5 if you're upgrading from that particular version.

Look forward to seeing your post regarding the appearance of your home page once you're done downloading Logos 6

Blessings

Posts 9396
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 2 2014 12:46 PM

Beverly Flowers:
I'm wanting that feature should I upgrade to Logos 6

I'm sorry, the Home Page for L6 was totally redesigned and we have no control over the layout (as I said, just some control over the content). It is one page scrolling from top to bottom. Limited customization is available for the LH portion where daily readings and such go.

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 9396
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 2 2014 12:47 PM

Beverly Flowers:

I would like to know if your Homepage continues to appear in the Newspaper format as in Logos 5 if you're upgrading from that particular version.

Look forward to seeing your post regarding the appearance of your home page once you're done downloading Logos 6

Unix will discover just what I've told you. Sorry.

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 26025
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 2 2014 12:48 PM

Beverly Flowers:
I'm wanting that feature should I upgrade to Logos 6

Logos 6 made a deliberate move away from the Logos 4/5 newspaper layout in the interest of speed. It means that locally generated content appears first whilst blogs and other online material are generated as you scroll down. I don't use it much but deplore the loss of the newspaper layout and font. I wouldn't let it be a factor against moving to Logos 6, though. Look at everything else that it offers.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 10
Beverly Flowers | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 2 2014 1:06 PM

Thanks Mark, Dave and all who have responded:

I hate it.  The designers should have asked somebody like me before making these changes... LOL  Big Smile  They could have at least given us an option of choice.  We're living in the world of choices... This way everyone can be happy.. We could remain with our Logos 5 Home page layout or chose their New Homepage Layout design.  But unfortunately nobody asked me.  LOL

Thanks again.  I will be talking with sales on Tomorrow.Have a blessed week

Posts 2038
Unix | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 2 2014 1:08 PM

This is what my homepage looks like. Further down there was content from the blogs but I removed that. There are several different blogs. Also there are more settings for the homepage than there were in the latest L5:

Aply!
12G A9-9420 V8.6 Acc 11

Posts 9396
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 2 2014 1:12 PM

Beverly Flowers:
The designers should have asked somebody like me before making these changes.

I know. Why didn't they think of this?

I rarely look at the Home Page, but it was one of the bottlenecks in Logos 4 and 5, taking a lot of time to generate content. Logos wanted to create a faster-loading page that was still full of content.

My initial reaction was like your's, but I have come to accept the format and don't mind it so much now.

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 10
Beverly Flowers | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 2 2014 1:12 PM

Unix..

How did you get the content to spread out across the Homepage rather than in columns?  I'm going to try and show my home page Display and perhaps you can help me get a better handle on this matter. 

Thanks.  Watch for my next post

Posts 1753
JoshInRI | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 2 2014 1:16 PM

Just one more reason i continue to feel that Logos is seemingly unaware of the common everyday user.

Barring some miracle I do not see myself switching for awhile either.  I like the layout of v5.0

I also now am NOT going to buy the Chaplains version...thanks to the poster above who wisely cautioned me (and really us all).

Yay!

Posts 2038
Unix | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 2 2014 1:18 PM

I don't know. And btw there are still some "Faithlife blog" articles further down. I'm restarting the program to see if the restart makes any difference (it's installing a software update right now and the last 190 MB download). ... Now it's in Stage 3 of 3 of preparing Your library. I forgot to change the language to English but will have to do that at next restart to send a screencapture of my homepage settings.

Aply!
12G A9-9420 V8.6 Acc 11

Posts 10
Beverly Flowers | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 2 2014 1:20 PM

Unix

What do I have to do in order to post the View of my Homepage out here so you can see it  Like you did with yours?

Posts 2279
Andy | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 2 2014 1:23 PM

Beverly Flowers:
How did you get the content to spread out across the Homepage rather than in columns?  I'm going to try and show my home page Display and perhaps you can help me get a better handle on this matter.

Hi Beverly,

I fear I am the oddity because I actually prefer the look of the new homepage Embarrassed.

However, I wondered if this workaround might be of interest/use.

If you select anywhere on the dynamic section of the homepage (the section that scrolls down), you can then use the space bar to navigate down a 'page' at a time (opposed to scrolling). It is imperfect (and different from L5), but I thought it might get you a little close to the functionality you desire.

Blessings Smile

Posts 13411
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 2 2014 1:24 PM

See http://wiki.logos.com/screenshot for uploading screenshots.

If you have a very small screen you may not see multiple columns. This is what I see:

Posts 2038
Unix | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 2 2014 1:25 PM

EDIT: Sorry, I'm not going to post the screencapture of the settings as I put the computer in hibernation mode.

If You are on windows, hit the Prt Scr key on the keyboard. Open Paint. Paste, (if needed select a part of the image, copy, close Paint, open Paint and paste again) and then save the file. When creating a post on the forums, click Insert Attachments/Media:

Aply!
12G A9-9420 V8.6 Acc 11

Posts 703
Scott E. Mahle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 2 2014 1:27 PM

Hello Beverly!

Try this little trick. Press the F5 key and see if it rearranges your homepage and sort of shakes it loose from the columns. It should cause new content to be generated.

Logos Series X Pastor’s Library | Logos 3 Leader’s Library | Logos 4 Portfolio | Logos 5 Platinum | Logos 6 Feature Crossgrade | Logos 7 Essential | Logos 8 M & W Platinum and Academic Professional | Logos 9 Academic Professional

Posts 10
Beverly Flowers | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 2 2014 1:31 PM

There's nothing wrong with the Chaplains version's content.  It just took away my LOGOS v5.0 Homepage Layout. 

Perhaps the designers will hear our cry and update their design to give us Logos 5 preference people a choice, They could give us a choice  to receive Logos 6 upgrades without sacrificing our Newspaper Homepage Layout in v5.0  in addition to having the Option to download their new design Homepage with the upgrade.  This I think would resolve everything and all persons would be happy.  I'm a person who love having choices or options..   LOL ! Big Smile

Page 1 of 3 (48 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS