Any LibraryThing users out there?

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 5
John Finley | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Jan 11 2010 5:46 PM

Has anyone figured out a way to import the L4 Library into LibraryThing?

Posts 180
Linden | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 11 2010 6:14 PM

I use LibraryThing, but honestly, I hadn't even thought about importing my electronic books from Logos into it.  I too would be interesting in this option (GoodReads also).

Linden

Posts 32
Don D. Thompson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 11 2010 10:03 PM

I have just started to use LibraryThing.  I used the bibliography workaround at http://www.4-14.org.uk/off-topic/logos4-bibliographic-report to create a list which I uploaded.  It was not perfect .... no ISBN, but was an interesting effort.  I still need to get my print library into the system .... so many things I plan/want to do ..... so little time.

Windows 7 Home Premium Version 6.1.7600 Build 7600 (x64)

Acer Aspire 5738G laptop

4G RAM

Intel Core 2 Duo T6600

ATI Mobility Raedeon HD 4570

Posts 336
Icarus38376 | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 12 2010 6:28 AM

Hello Don,

I have asked library thing repeatedly to build a generic import utility (csv, etc.), but the reponse is that there are too many variables it could never please everybody.  I told them about the 80/20 rule, but oh well.  Therefore, I did the best i could with their title import for my logos library (and did alot manual).  Also I used one of their attribute fields to put a link back to the logos resource.  The problem becomes keeping these libraries in sync.  Very time consuming, so I gave up.  I was hoping that Logos4 would have the ability to enter paper book info as resources with a link to books.google.com, but I have not seen that yet either.  I suggest that you keep logos resources in logos, and use LibraryThing for your paper resources.  Also, put a link in LibraryThing back to books.google.com where you can search paper.

I have a nasty tidyness compulsion and would like to see all my resources together, but then there's Walgreens.

Posts 3
Lucas T Geraty | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 7 2010 11:29 AM

I took your advice and went to the 4-14 site and created my own list. How do I import that into LibraryThing? Do I need to export the list in a different way? Thanks!

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS