Messianic Prophecy Explorer?

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 5564
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Nov 4 2014 12:55 PM

The Psalms and Proverbs explorers are really cool. I was browsing the Messianic Psalms when I started thinking about Advent and wishing I could browse the Messianic passages in Isaiah (e.g.)

Wouldn't it be really, really ultra amazing if all the Messianic prophecies of the OT could be tagged and searched in a tool like this? Include dividing searches by type of literature, or individual books/authors. 

Yes, it would be a massive project. But now that you've got Psalms and Proverbs done, I'm sure someone is looking for work, right? Wink

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 26117
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 4 2014 6:23 PM

Despite the obvious arguments over what is and is not messianic, I love this idea.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 9050
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 4 2014 6:41 PM

Rich DeRuiter:
Yes, it would be a massive project.

Very interesting idea and Hengstenberg (not available in Logos, alas) has already done a lot of the work.

To MJ's point I think Faithlife would have to take someone else's data and encode it. I wouldn't want to be answering all the questions of "Why this?" and "Why not that?"

Next "Prophecy Fulfilled in the New Testament" interactive. Yes

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 26117
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 4 2014 7:55 PM

Rich DeRuiter:

But now that you've got Psalms and Proverbs done, I'm sure someone is looking for work, right? Wink

Oops I just noticed ... but the Psalms and Proverbs aren't done at least per Faithlife's "promises" during the betas.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 1384
Forum MVP
Veli Voipio | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 5 2014 10:37 AM

MJ. Smith:
Despite the obvious arguments over what is and is not messianic, I love this idea.

It would be good to have it user-editable. 

I am thinking that also user-editable maps and timelines would be good, 

Gold package, and original language material and ancient text material, SIL and UBS books, discourse Hebrew OT and Greek NT. PC with Windows 8.1

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 5 2014 11:17 AM

MJ. Smith:

Me too!

Mark Smith:
Hengstenberg (not available in Logos, alas) has already done a lot of the work.

There are plenty of books on messianic prophecies and typology, both inside and outside of Logos, that could be harvested for suggestions.

EDIT: And if you're referring to Christology of the Old Testament, it's in the Files forum.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS