Bug: Empty Journal section of passage guide

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1222
John Goodman | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Nov 5 2014 8:48 AM

Hi,

I did a passage guide on Deut 7:1-10. My journal section was empty. I've tried searching my journals for the passage and found it mentioned in a number of articles with one article focusing on it.

It appears that the passage guide didn't work for some reason?

Cheers,

John

גַּם־חֹשֶׁךְ֮ לֹֽא־יַחְשִׁ֪יךְ מִ֫מֶּ֥ךָ וְ֭לַיְלָה כַּיּ֣וֹם יָאִ֑יר כַּ֝חֲשֵׁיכָ֗ה כָּאוֹרָֽה

Posts 25345
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 5 2014 9:03 AM

Hi John

John Goodman:
It appears that the passage guide didn't work for some reason?

Please see the discussion at https://community.logos.com/forums/p/92625/645467.aspx#645467 

Basically, for results to appear in that section needs journals to be retagged and that is work in progress.

Graham

Posts 1
John Duarte | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 27 2016 9:59 AM

It has been a year and a half since this issue was addressed.  Any progress?

Posts 33796
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 27 2016 12:41 PM

Welcome to the forums.

John Duarte:

It has been a year and a half since this issue was addressed.  Any progress?

Yes, tagging of journals has continued. Since the journal that was not shown is not named, there is no way to tell if this particular case has been resolved. Why do you ask? Are you also experiencing this problem?

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 1222
John Goodman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 28 2016 9:05 AM

I can confirm that for the same passage guide search I now get 3 articles listed and only 1 more result if I manually search headings in all journals. So much improved I'd say.

גַּם־חֹשֶׁךְ֮ לֹֽא־יַחְשִׁ֪יךְ מִ֫מֶּ֥ךָ וְ֭לַיְלָה כַּיּ֣וֹם יָאִ֑יר כַּ֝חֲשֵׁיכָ֗ה כָּאוֹרָֽה

Posts 3349
Sascha John | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 28 2016 8:08 PM

Hey John

here is a little Tip Create a Collection with Journals and Magazin (type:(Journal,Magazin) and pas it into the Passage Guide

Posts 1222
John Goodman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 29 2016 7:36 AM

Sascha John:

Hey John

here is a little Tip Create a Collection with Journals and Magazin (type:(Journal,Magazin) and pas it into the Passage Guide

I've tried this and it gives a huge number of results, 545 in fact. A lot of this is noise, many articles which don't really comment on the passage but reference it. If I sort by frequency though - it moves the articles which have a lot to say about the passage to the top so quite handy really. It also shows that the current 'Journal' section is pretty inadequate still.

Thanks for the tip!

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS