Apologies from new poster for violating Some Code post deleted.

Page 3 of 3 (56 items) < Previous 1 2 3
This post has 55 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 2212
Damian McGrath | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 13 2010 3:08 PM

Robert Pavich:
Not post the name of competitor's products

Bibleworks, bibleworks, bibleworks...

Seriously Bob, we have never been asked not to post the names of competitor products. Good sense tells us that this is not the place to advocate for them. But, there have been many fruitful posts in the past about using Logos and BW together. Many of us consider them complementary products and not competitors.

One of the reasons that I constantly write "the product which cannot be named" to describe Accordance is in reaction to an overzealous approach to the relationship between Logos and other companies.

That said, I also hold that it is inappropriate to undercut Logos by posting better deals from competitors (other companies which sell the same 3rd party products).

(Though I remain a little bit conflicted because the prepub price for the Tyndale commentaries was significantly higher via Logos before someone posted the cheaper prices elsewhere. When Logos cut their price, then I signed on)

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 13 2010 3:09 PM

Matthew C Jones:
That is true. But it doesn't have anything to do with why all the resources are not made available in Logos 4 format on CD through retail outlets.

Actually, Bob said it was because they lost money on "shrinkage" in bible book stores and that they just didn't move enough product and had high related costs..

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 569
J. Morris | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 13 2010 3:13 PM

Robert Pavich:
Not post the name of competitor's products

I guess this is the real issue... who counts as a competitor.  The obvious answer would be companies/programs like Quick-V.  The not-so-obvious answer would be companies like Gal. or Nel.  (Granted: obvious to those of us standing on the opposite sides of the fence)

The black and white issue of completely other programs is free (imo) for people to post to others not to do and has been addressed officially by Logos (in other posts).

Since the other has not been offically addressed, I'll wait for them to address it for themselves... OR... if they don't I'll assume they also think it is not such a big deal ...as many of us think

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 13 2010 3:19 PM

Edited to delete stupid remarks by myself.

Robert Pavich

Posts 1937
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 13 2010 3:24 PM

Robert Pavich:
What I don't understand is the reluctance to not acquiesce to Logo's wishes

I agree with you.  The wishes of Logos...we see insights into this in Dan's Post:

"First, let me say that I need to respect the president's wishes in everything as much as I can....Bob has made it abundantly clear that he hates policies.....As you can imagine it is a challenge to implement Bob's vision for this while all the time I am screaming inside wishing I could set policy....This is a perfect case and point. There is no list of "rules" for the forums. I really want one. Really. Really, really, really want one. ...but I can't have it, and I have to live with that. ...and if I have to live with that, you do too... Big Smile"

The full link to this all important post is http://community.logos.com/forums/p/136/4581.aspx#4581

Finally, if Logos wanted Dan's wishes to be policy, then they would post his wishes clearly for newbies to see.  How else would they ever find the post?

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 13 2010 3:25 PM

Damian McGrath:
Good sense tells us that this is not the place to advocate for them.

If it is so "sensical" not to post competitors' products are you saying there are a lot of non-sensical posters? (Maybe you got a point there Damian.Devil)

Damian McGrath:
an overzealous approach to the relationship between Logos and other companies

Peter walked on water, asked for the "Mega-Footwashing" special & lopped off somebody's ear. I'm sure my zeal is overdone many times but to be called a "keener" is something I feel good about.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 13 2010 3:33 PM

Matthew C Jones:
I'm sure my zeal is overdone many times but to be called a "keener" is something I feel good about.

Matthew,

Actually I was afraid to ask what a "keener" was... Big Smile but I WOULD like to say that though I disagree with you and others on this (Stephen) I really have no hard feelings toward you or anyone else...we are all brothers (and sisters) here and I get carried away myself when i should just shut up..

Robert Pavich

Posts 2212
Damian McGrath | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 13 2010 3:47 PM

Matthew C Jones:
If it is so "sensical" not to post competitors' products are you saying there are a lot of non-sensical posters?

I've made a few non-sensical posts in my time.

Please note that I specifically said that it is sensical to not advocate for other products - this is not the place to "sell" competitive systems.

Matthew C Jones:
I'm sure my zeal is overdone many times but to be called a "keener" is something I feel good about.

I was, as I'm sure you're aware, not talking about too much zeal in this particular thread (esp. seeing as it's not about the program which may not be named)

I never read your response. 

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 13 2010 3:52 PM

Robert Pavich:
... Big Smile but I WOULD like to say that though I disagree with you and others on this (Stephen) I

Unless you are talking about the tone & delivery,  I don't know how you could disagree with me since I agree with what you have been posting here. (That's got to be the kiss of death!) Even if I change my tone & delivery, my points are still valid. Nobody wants to address the door-to-door salesmen question because everybody knows they become competitors when they all attempt to sell the same product.

I'm not gonna worry about this any more. It is like everybody selling off their "duplicate" titles after Logos gave them credit towards a cheaper upgrade deal. Some folks sell their conscience cheaply, if they have one. (Ooops, there I gone and done did it!  Devil)

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 13 2010 4:09 PM

Matthew C Jones:
Unless you are talking about the tone & delivery,  I don't know how you could disagree with me since I agree with what you have been posting here.

Matthew, then I read you wrong...argg....

One of my many qualities...I don't read closely enough... Embarrassed

Robert Pavich

Posts 569
J. Morris | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 13 2010 4:10 PM

Matthew C Jones:
It is like everybody selling off their "duplicate" titles after Logos gave them credit towards a cheaper upgrade deal.

It's like THAT?!? really??? 

On another note: I know that I often try and force my OPINIONS as facts that everybody should be willing to ingest...  I apologize.

In reference to your salesman illustration...  Logos is the product being sold by the salesmen...  Many companies sell their own products as well as allow partners to sell it for them... Certainly companies don't get angry when their partners sell their product, they make money...

The more people talk positively (which these discussions certainly don't help with) about a product, the more it will sell, I really don't think the issue of partner sales is going to lose Logos ANY money and actually think overall it MAKES them money.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 13 2010 4:23 PM

Jeremiah Daniel Morris:

Matthew C Jones:
It is like everybody selling off their "duplicate" titles after Logos gave them credit towards a cheaper upgrade deal.

It's like THAT?!? really??? 

Just as relates to me taking up offenses on behalf of Logos. If they choose to suffer wrong, I don't have a right to get angry about it. THAT's what I meant to say. (Note to self: "Drop it Jones!")

Now if only Rosie will sell some of her shares in Logos to me. Next year is going to be a good one, sales-wise. (With no more middlemen.)

Posts 1646
SteveF | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 13 2010 4:29 PM

Jeremiah Daniel Morris:
The more people talk positively

I positively like the fact we now have the NICOT & NICNT after many years of pleas.

I positively like the fact that "Z"'s (see, no name!) materials will soon be in Logos

I positively hope that I can afford to buy said materials when... (oops sorry...)

I positively beleive that my sermons are extrordinarilly better since I began using Logos...

I positively...

It appears that I am now a  member of a new "12 Step Group"

Steve

Regards, SteveF

Posts 2824
Michael Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 13 2010 5:59 PM

Sometimes we behave like a bunch Jr. Hi adolescents on these forums.  I am not really talking about this thread, but several that I have seen.  I think some people have been offended.

The rules are fine, but the rudeness and pharisaical way they are enforced do get out of hand.

If someone inadvertently violates the code of the forum, why make a big deal out of it?  It is okay to politely suggest that one shouldn't promote Logos' competitors, but the way which it is being done is doing Logos more harm than errant post. 

You know, it was a great relief when God revealed to me that I did not have straighten everybody out. 

Hmm.  Maybe I should apologize for my pharisaical attitude in this post.  Here I am trying to straighten everybody out again.

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Posts 1539
Terry Poperszky | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 13 2010 7:10 PM

Michael Childs:
You know, it was a great relief when God revealed to me that I did not have straighten everybody out. 

Ditto, see my signature.

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 14 2010 2:33 AM

Terry Poperszky:

Michael Childs:

Ditto, see my signature.

ditto, although I've learned this lesson over and over as I keep forgetting it. The two sentences really hit home for me...thanks guys.

Robert Pavich

Page 3 of 3 (56 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS