BUG: Visual Copy in Logos 6 keeps freezing the program

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
This post has 13 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 26
Mark Winder | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Nov 7 2014 5:17 AM

Hi, I'm running Logos 6, and Visual Copy almost always freezes the whole program. Sometimes won't even create the image, but even when it does, it renders the program inoperative.  I have to use Task Manager to stop Logos and reload.  

I've tried cycling machine on and off, but no avail.

I'm running Windows 8.1 on a quad core i5 with 8gb ram.  Shouldn't be doing this.

Anyone have ideas?

Posts 669
Michael Lyman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 7 2014 5:41 AM

This morning when I've tried to use VC I just get the spinning wheel...oops and now the program froze too.

HP Pavilion dv7-4285DX Notebook PC

Intel ® Core™ i5 CPU M460@2.53GHz

RAM: 6.00 GB (5.8 GB usable)

Windows 8.1 Pro Pack 64-bit Operating System

Posts 297
Bob Soule | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 7 2014 8:12 AM

Are you expierencing any internet issues? This can cause problems if you internet is not working or has intermittent problems.

Posts 26
Mark Winder | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 7 2014 12:49 PM

Thanks.  I saw this, but it didn't really tell me anything.  Not sure how to address this. But Visual Copy - a chief feature, IMO - is unusable.

Posts 26
Mark Winder | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 7 2014 12:49 PM

No, not having any internet problems.  

Posts 8113
LogosEmployee

Mark Winder:
But Visual Copy - a chief feature, IMO - is unusable.

It's already fixed in 6.0a for beta testers, and will be fixed for all customers when 6.0a ships as the new stable release.

Posts 669
Michael Lyman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 7 2014 8:41 PM

It was working at first, what made it stop?

Posts 8113
LogosEmployee

Michael Lyman:

It was working at first, what made it stop?

There was always a latent bug in the code that could hang the app if a particular web request wasn't completed quickly. (If it did complete, you would never notice the hang; if it didn't, 6.0 would hang. This might depend on whether a Logos server is running slowly, or your ISP, or other factors.)

Posts 40
David Geipel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 8 2014 8:28 AM

Please push this fix. This happened to me at Starbucks and I could easily replicate when I logged in... turned of my internet connection and watch Logos TRY to load for over 5 minutes before stalling.

See the time difference?

Posts 22215
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 8 2014 8:32 AM

David Geipel:
Please push this fix. This happened to me at Starbucks and I could easily replicate when I logged in...

This thread is about Visual Copy whereas the issue you are referring to me seems to be starting up the software in the first place.

If so, I suggest you start a separate thread (if you haven't done so already) and detail the issues you are having there.

Posts 26
Mark Winder | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 8 2014 9:18 AM

So is this something that will get fixed as they push updates out to us?  And if so, how long do you think that will take?

My internet connection is great - ethernet at work and good wireless speed at home.  But today I couldn't even use visual copy at all.  Not only didn't give me the pic, but completely froze the program.  

It's frustrating when you've opened 6 or 7 resources - have all your work spread out in front of you - only to have to Hard Stop the program and restart.

Posts 22215
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 8 2014 9:24 AM

As Bradley says above it has been fixed in the current beta release and will be made available to all Logos 6 users when 6.0a ships.

but length of beta cycles vary and it is rare for Faithlife to comment on timescales until products are ready to ship

Posts 26
Mark Winder | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 8 2014 9:27 AM

Thanks. That's encouraging.  I didn't realize I was getting a beta versions when paid to upgrade.  So I hope they are quick about getting this out.  Visual Copy causing Logos to crash is like selling a new car when using the GPS makes the car shut off.  Would think they wouldn't release this before it was ready.

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS