Where's my library?

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 6
George Robison | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jan 12 2010 9:40 AM

I've installed logos4, managed to get around the 'never' serial number, and have a beautiful layout...but no library. Of course, I have logos3 which does not interace.  What's the next step?

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 12 2010 10:38 AM

GeorgeRobison:

I've installed logos4, managed to get around the 'never' serial number, and have a beautiful layout...but no library. Of course, I have logos3 which does not interace.  What's the next step?

Okay, so you have Logos3 installed on the same computer, right?

You then installed Logos4, opened it, and can see at least the home page, right?

But you don't see any resources in Logos4?

Just want to confirm what I think you're saying.

Assuming all the answers to the above questions are 'Yes' let me ask one more:

Is there a small blue icon with a white cross and magnifying glass in your Windows System Tray? If so, hover over it and see if there is a message there. L4 may still be downloading and/or indexing your L4 library. Both of these operations can take a very long time.

If you don't see the blue icon, did you sign in to Logos4 with the exact same user ID you used with Logos3? This is essential. It doesn't matter if your Logos3 ID is an email address you no longer have. It's still your Logos ID (though you can change it, with the help of customer support).

If you don't see the blue icon and you did sign in with the exact same ID, did you sync your L3 licenses in Account Manager (of L3)? If not, please close L4 and do so. Then reopen again. If L4 doesn't begin downloading resources type update now into the L4 command bar.

If you're still stuck, consider that a firewall may be blocking L4 from downloading your licenses and/or resources. Check that too.

Finally, if none of this works, report back here. We'll see if we can look in another direction.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 6
George Robison | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 12 2010 11:31 AM

Thanks Richard....

I do not have an icon in my System Tray. 

I did sync my licenses and it said I was successful. 

When I re-opened logos4 it asked me to sign in and then promptly said it was unable to sign in.  I can sign in, at will, on the website...anytime, all the time.

I then asked to 'work offline' and gave the command to 'update now', and was immediately told there were no updates available.Super Angry 

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 12 2010 11:41 AM

GeorgeRobison:
When I re-opened logos4 it asked me to sign in and then promptly said it was unable to sign in.  I can sign in, at will, on the website...anytime, all the time.

Ok, then this is the source of your problem. If Logos can't sign in then it can't download a license file, without a license file I won't let you have any books in your library.

Is a firewall impeding Logos?

If you can't surmount this, you can get a license file (in email I believe) directly from Tech support, but that will involve a call and a wait on hold Sad.

Posts 30929
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 12 2010 11:41 AM

GeorgeRobison:
I then asked to 'work offline' and gave the command to 'update now', and was immediately told there were no updates available

If you are offline, L4 can't update you on the web. It sounds as if the inability to log in is at the root of your problem. Are you typing or copy&pasting to log in?

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 6
George Robison | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 12 2010 11:52 AM

I'm signed in right now.

I'm able to send posts to you right now.

When I ask logos4 to 'update now' it tells me there are none available.

Posts 9406
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 12 2010 12:42 PM

Just guessing but you might be using the wrong login for Logos?? Can you access your online account with Logos? That should be the login to use for Logos 4.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 6
George Robison | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 12 2010 1:16 PM

Thanks Mark.

Yes, I can access my online account with logos...anytime...all the time...except when I attempt to install my library...I've turned off my firewall...I open logos4 and view a beautiful layout page which has no resourses. Most of my library (apart from the additional logos4 resources) sits comfortably in logos3...completely unusable in logos4...I keep telling myself, 'this will all be worth it...someday...'

Posts 9406
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 12 2010 1:27 PM

I don't know how to get around the fact that L4 won't let you sign in. I think the only recourse is to call Tech Support and see what they can do. You won't be able to access your resources until you are signed in and your L4 syncs up with the Logos server.

Hang in. It will be worth the effort.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 12 2010 1:29 PM

GeorgeRobison:

Thanks Mark.

Yes, I can access my online account with logos...anytime...all the time...except when I attempt to install my library...I've turned off my firewall...I open logos4 and view a beautiful layout page which has no resourses. Most of my library (apart from the additional logos4 resources) sits comfortably in logos3...completely unusable in logos4...I keep telling myself, 'this will all be worth it...someday...'

Just because your browser is logged in with the Logos website doesn't mean that Logos, the program, is logged in properly. Hold CTRL while you start Logos. Use your user name and password to log in... does it give you any error messages, or does the program start normally then?

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS