Logos Icon

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 11
Madison Finney | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Nov 9 2014 5:22 AM

I just installed Logos 6.  It works but I don't have the Logos icon on my desktop or toolbar.  I just have a white square.  How do I fix the icon?

Thanks,

Jim Finney

Posts 27962
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 9 2014 5:38 AM

I think the answer is that you "unpin" it.

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 2038
Unix | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 9 2014 5:38 AM

I also have a white square on one installation on one of my computers. I prefer that as I'm tired of looking at the icon. But it's a functioning icon.

Aply!
trulyergonomic.com 6,200own
12G A9-9420 V8.6 Acc 11
d:'13Q3 12G

Posts 2127
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 9 2014 6:53 AM

Unpin it. Then repin it. I wish Logos would stop doing that with updates.

Posts 5570
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 10 2014 9:25 AM

Madison Finney:

I just installed Logos 6.  It works but I don't have the Logos icon on my desktop or toolbar.  I just have a white square.  How do I fix the icon?

Thanks,

Jim Finney

I got it to stay, even through updates. Here's how:

I made a shortcut to Logos (right click on the program*, click "Create shortcut"). Then I dragged that shortcut to the desktop. Then I dragged that shortcut to the taskbar. I haven't had to unpin/repin since doing that (for months and months).

I've found that pinning shortcuts to the taskbar like this (drag and drop) doesn't always seem to work. I'm not sure why. But doing it as above does work - or at least it did work for me.

*The default program location is "C:/Users/[Windows User name]/Local/Logos4" NOTE: the name of the last directory might be Logos5 or Logos6. (the name of the last directory varies, depending on if you started, or reinstalled with L4, L5 or L6).

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS