[resolved] "Installation of the Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 did not succeed."

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 3
Anthony Hebert | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Nov 11 2014 2:46 AM

System: i5 processors, 1TB drive, 4GB RAM, Windows 8.1, Logos 6, SR-3 Portfolio.

When I am attempting to update Logos 6, I receive this error message,"Installation of the Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 did not succeed."  and the update fails. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Anthony Hebert

Posts 79
LogosEmployee
Jeff Jackson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 11 2014 3:20 AM

This is often due to some other update that needs to finish installing first.  Try rebooting, then try installing again.

Posts 166
Anthony | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 11 2014 5:32 AM

It's due to Windows 8.1. You can find it here - http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/5a4x27ek(v=vs.110).aspx

There are web installers or offline, doesn't really matter. Pick 4.5.1 or 4.5.2. Install and the open logos, it will be successful. 

Posts 87
Rick Carmickle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 11 2014 8:22 AM

Anthony is correct. I had to do this to my laptop. You need to have Windows 8.1 (and all other versions, I imagine) updated fully before installing Logos. Reboot after installation of the Windows update.

Posts 1
Bill Whitford | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 9 2014 1:38 PM

Hey Anthony thanks for this post. I followed the links, downloaded the 4.5.2. and when it got done the computer restarted when I finally made to my desktop the Logos indexer was running so I closed it with task manager and started Logos and everything went fine! Thanks for your response I appreciate it!!!

Posts 1
Tony Tsang | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 15 2015 10:22 PM

Thanks, Anthony! It works now.

Posts 1
Juan Terranova | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 6 2015 11:02 AM

Thank you very much, Anthony! It worked great!

Posts 1
Rayman Chia | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 6 2015 2:12 AM

Hi Anthony,

Thank you very much for the link. I was really getting frustrated with the numerous unsuccessful attempts at downloading the .NET Framework.

You're a real blessing to us.

Posts 25095
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 7 2015 6:13 AM

Anthony Hebert:
When I am attempting to update Logos 6, I receive this error message,"Installation of the Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 did not succeed."

Is this fixed for you?

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS